Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
Dgny that’s my impression on the set too... Agree Tonykay too many Tekton thread...
I have purchased Aric Audio electronics, Jay's transport (that shockingly easily beats my Levinson 31.5), and a DAC all given rave reviews by Terry. I am virtually in complete agreement with his assessments. I have been considering the Impact Monitors for some time now, as well as Buchardts....I'm wondering how the Perfect SET compares to the Monitors, particularly since the latter apparently also works with SET amps. I am reluctant to consider a 70 pound speaker due to my back and knee issues.
I don't understand the $300 "trial fee" mentioned above and a $400 fee mentioned in other post about the DI.  Do you actually pay Tekton for the trial or is that just the returned speakers shipping cost you pay Fedex or UPS?
Here's some answers to these questions.

1) Snapsc, the Perfect SET does well at all volume levels and also gives you the virtue of being played at low volumes without losing dynamics/punch or soundstaging.

2) Tsar7 and Lula, thanks for your kind words regarding my reviewing/posting.  Remember, this speaker was built to mate beautifully with SET amplifiers and avoid any of the shortcomings of single driver or horn designs.  Based on my experience so far is that it gives what the Tekton designs all offer a sense of aliveness, great transparency/micro-details, and wonderful soundstaging.  What I'm finding amazing is the quality and extension of the bass even when driven with 3 watts.  When you figure in the cost of stands for Impact Monitors and their size, I could see someone using the Perfect SET, even if they don't drive it with a SET, because it gives you much more bass then the stand mount.

Right now I'm using a Threshold S/350e amplifier, instead of a SET 2A3 amplifier, and the Perfect SET's sound superlative.  So, even though Eric designed these for us SET lovers they mate extremely well with high power SS amps.   Lula,I get your concern regarding moving around this heavy speaker, however, just be careful because it might be surly worth your effort.  I find it amazing that Eric is able to sell this speaker for $1,800.00 a pair based on performance, build quality, and how much materials have to be used based on size/weight of this floorstanding design.