CD Got Absolutely Crushed By Vinyl

No comparison, CD always sounds so cold and gritty. Vinyl is so much warmer, smoother and has better imaging and much greater depth of sound. It’s like watching the world go by through a dirty window pane when listening to a CD. Put the same LP on the turntable and Voila! Everything takes on more vibrancy, fullness and texture. 
128x128sleepwalker65
I used to believe it was impossible for digital music to sound as good- let alone better than vinyl. But I defy ANYONE in an apple to apple comparison to tell me a vinyl record sounds better than a red book CD ripped bit perfect to a Mac using Pure Music software with a PS Audio DirectStream DAC as the source. And a double defy a person to prove that any record can sound as good as this same CD played on a PS Audio DMP player (transport only). 
@krell_fanVinyl will always sound better than red book simply because it is pure analog without conversion from analog to digital and back. 
Yeah, but I heard that most music has been recorded digitally for quite a while now. Older analog tape recordings are often converted to digital for mixing and mastering too and once all that analog information has been lost you can’t get it back.
I have a decent sacd player but I have most of my investment in vinyl playback so its unfair. Digital can sound pretty good these days but I am older and grew up with vinyl and I have many records so that is what I listen to most of the time. Analog does sound more involving to me than CD but like I said, I have made the investment.  That said, I do not like the reissues of most lps.  for the most part, they lack the soul of their all analog counterparts.
Despite being sick of this conversation, I will still add my input. 

To start with, I am a fan of both analog and CD (and digital in general), so I have no real horse in the race. Both my analog and digital rigs are on the higher end of the spectrum, without being exorbitant prices.

CD does some things better than LP, LP does some things better than CD.

The one obvious place that LP has over CD, is image and soundstage quality.

The reason for, is because 16/44.1 does not have the resolution to accurately reproduce the human auditory system's ability to hear very small interaural time differences. Humans can hear ITDs as low as 7 microseconds, but 16/44.1 is only able to reproduce ITDs of about 22 microseconds. 

Hi Res digital, especially 24/192 and DSD does not have this problem. 

Interaural time difference is our evolutionary survival tool to accurately place noises in space (behind, in front, to the right, to the left, and distance away). We evolved this ability to be able to discern where possible danger is, so we are more likely to run away, than toward it.