JC3+ With Kleos SL?

Hey Folks,

I am considering trading in my Kleos for a Kleos SL.  Has anybody tried one of the SL versions of the Kleos, Etna, or Atlas with the Parasound JC3+?  As you may know the SL needs more gain and the rated 64DB gain of the JC3+ is below the 65DB gain recommended by Lyra and the US distributor Audioquest.

Thanks,
Robert
128x128robob
Interesting.  

I said I had not made up my mind in advanced.  If most replies had said the JC3+ would not be suitable with the SL then I would have saved the money and just had the Kleos checked and rebuilt if necessary.  Based on the data and thinking in this thread,  I doubt my setup will have any problem with the SL and as I have stated, I have other phono pres that would suffice.

Some Humans have trouble admitting that their line of reasoning may be faulty.

Y'all hang in there,
Robert
Robob, if I read this correctly, you’re using a standard Kleos with JC3+ currently? I have a Kleos as well and want to get a new phono stage. If you do have the JC3+, what has been your overall assessment of it compatibility with the Kleos?
Also curious what table you have it on. 

Thank you
Hey,

Well I sent the Kleos back to upgrade to the SL and am waiting.

The JC3+ works very well with the Kleos.  My only minor complaint is that it may be a touch forward compared to the other phono stages I have had in the system.  It does have depth to the soundstage so the slight forwardness may be due to the lack of coloration or the way many recordings are produced.  The clarity and extended response allows one to easily hear cable differences.  Also,  the build quality of my unit is very good. 

Hope that helps,
Robert
Robob, thank you for responding. I haven’t had a chance to hear one yet but the press almost puts it in a “no brainer” category. There isn’t a dealer in my area that has one for me to try. I have been using an old Linn Linto which works well, but better is always the quest, right. 
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.
You are most welcome.

And yeah,  the reviews have been all good.  I am betting the JC3+ is still the one to beat anywhere near it's price.

And on the original topic,  my Kleos SL is on it's way from Japan to Audioquest and may ship to me by the end of the week.

WooHoo!

My backup system of a Dynevector 20xH on a VPI Scoutmaster is pretty good but can't match the detail and fullness of the Kleos/SME 309/SOTA Star (vacuum) combo.  And the elliptical stylus on the Dynevector picks up more noise.

Again let me remind folks that the newer Lyras are different from the older Helikon, etc.  They reproduce more body of an instrument without giving up detail.

Y'all take care
Robert