CD no more produced?

Except dictated shops, the CD's are stopped selling on major shopping malls.
Due to unavailability of CD started looking  at streaming, finally selected Tidal, but I am not satisfied, Using Teac DAC, Spec RSA717Ex integrated amp paired with Dali speakers

And also downloaded few albums through paid service for Hiresaudio and  burned to CD, the quality of sound is not comparable with Music company produced CD's.
Have Music company's have stopped producing CD? 

murgeshj
Last I checked Barnes and Noble has a fairly large selection of CD’s both in a local mall here and a stand-alone store. There’s always Amazon too. Prices at both are fair. 

I’m getting ready to take the plunge to buy my first streamer too so can’t speak on the quality yet but expecting good results.
No. You can still get CDs on line at places like Amazon. Even brand new bands are releasing CDs.

Used CDs are the best deals in music (that you own) and are available in vast selections on eBay etc. I’ve probably purchased 50 CDs in the last 6 months and average price is around $4-5. This is for specific recording whose sound quality I have researched.

New CDs from Amazon run around $12. HD Track downloads are about $17-25 dollars and don’t sound any better to me.

I pay for low-res streaming through Amazon to research music and when I find something I like I buy a used CD off eBay and rip it into my music server (an old iMac). This way I get the best of both worlds very cheaply. I can run it all from my chair via Apple Remote and I have the hard copies for back up.
@n80, good plan. I've built up a  good Redbook playback. May I suggest looking at Discogs for the best quality used CD's. There is reference material relating to date and country of pressing, record label, original issues, early pressings, remasters.

You never know what version you'll get with Amazon venders.

Post removed