Herbies Pucks floor spike protectors...

My very heavy speakers came with 3 spikes per speaker....the floor is travertine tiles.  Use or not use? (not for floor protection, but for sound improvement)
128x128stringreen
I use Herbie's gliders under my Wilson MAXX speakers to be able to move them on a hardwood floor. The use of the gliders did not change the sound at all. If I place my hand on the bottom of the speaker when played loud, I don't feel any vibration whatsoever due to the cabinet material and their weight, so that may be the reason they did not change sound. I really like them and recommend you give them a try; my guess is you won't send them back.
I didn't know Vandersteen made spike shoes.

A quick Google shows they should probably work as good as my Herbie's gliders, though some may disagree.
Some of this stuff can get a bit anal.
B

I use Herbie’s titanium Cone/Spike Puckies on three sets of speakers. They add a noticeable improvement to the sound quality. Tighter bass with better micro-dynamics. 
In regard to JTCF's post above: I temporally used 8M carriage bolts with my Focal 726-floor standing speakers (two months) while I waited to receive my custom 8M spikes. As soon as I installed the spikes I noticed an immediate improvement with dynamics, sound stage, and bass. I believe you don't know what works until you try it.
I still have some gliders. They didn’t do much for me under equipment rack nor Sound Anchors for my speakers (laminate floor), but they protect the flooring fine :D