Machina Dynamica New Dark Matter CD and Blu Ray tray treatment?

This is a set of adhesive-backed thin plastic pieces that one attaches to one’s transport or player disc tray. The disk rests on them during non-spin mode, but presumably don’t touch the applied thin pieces during playback mode. The company says the new Dark Matter pieces reduces background scattered light from reaching the photodetector, thereby improving performance. 

Anyone tried this product? Please specify transport or player if you have and your impressions. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
aolmrd1241756 posts02-14-2019 11:27amI made the decision that ndm is not going to make the grade in my system.Just to dark sounding for my tastes. If you own a cd player that is a bit aggressive in the treble region,this may be just the ticket for you.

>>>>That’s weird, everyone else hears more air, more shimmering sparkling high frequencies, much more information and much better bass performance. Oh, well, I take the sweet and sour. 😝 Every system is different. 😬

Let’s not forget, there are many reasons some people don’t get the results they were expecting with tweaks, generally speaking. 
It was actually the big ol’ Bumblebee 🐝 that had the reputation it was too heavy and it’s wings too small to fly. Kind of like the Space Shuttle, the Flying Brick 🧱 
ieales284 posts02-11-2019 11:57am@millercarbon:
Since no one mentioned the science, the LED light is focused and polarized. By design, it takes care of all this "green sharpie" style nonsense on its own.

>>>>>Huh? Nobody said the CD laser (it’s not an LED) is not focused or polarized. Specifically the laser is a “Quantum well.” The reason the CD laser beam is focused is because it’s coherent light. Polarized light would not be immune to the Green Pen, anyway. It’s the wavelength of the light that’s the issue.