CD no more produced?

Except dictated shops, the CD's are stopped selling on major shopping malls.
Due to unavailability of CD started looking  at streaming, finally selected Tidal, but I am not satisfied, Using Teac DAC, Spec RSA717Ex integrated amp paired with Dali speakers

And also downloaded few albums through paid service for Hiresaudio and  burned to CD, the quality of sound is not comparable with Music company produced CD's.
Have Music company's have stopped producing CD? 

murgeshj
I cannot believe that no one has mentioned how incredibly valuable our public libraries are for obtaining CDs for ripping!   I drive my kids around most weekdays, and routinely stop in to grab 15-20 CDs.  I then preview them - all while driving - over the ensuing week.  If there is a song on a disc that "does not fit", or that I simply don't like, I make a note to stick in the jewel box to say "No--#4".  This way I have customized recordings.  I take the CDs into the house and rip to my desktop computer via iTunes whenever I have one or two reviewed.
Every month or two, I will back-up/transfer to my Melco NAS.
Free music!   I have ripped over a thousand CDs in the past three years!   And every large city will have at least 3-4 different libraries....I switch libraries each time after-school activities change venues!
Motörhead - like you I deal with Elusive Disk, however they are in Anderson Indiana (near Indianapolis).

Thrilft store are a good source if you have time to sift through, otherwise the industry has just about completed morphing to the online model.

Question for you Tidal streaming guys.... if old CDs had less compression and the new copies have been heavily compressed, can you pick the release and know you are get one with some DR left on it?
I have ripped all my collections(about 500) to PC(use it for DAP), however prefer CD media , feel somewhat  natural on CD than playing through PC+DAC, but the difference is not immediate, takes while to know the difference.
The question is the latest albums are released on CD's or we have to rely/depend on Streaming?If Streaming is only the way to access the latest albums then we are on  streaming companies mercy. Maybe I haven't tried Hi-end streaming( above USD3K), later down the road will try.
The reason we don't have local sales of CD is because of online stuff, for average person needs are satisfied by online contents.

Question for you Tidal streaming guys.... if old CDs had less compression and the new copies have been heavily compressed, can you pick the release and know you are get one with some DR left on it?

In the rock genre, Tidal has a deep catalogue but most of it is the remastered versions of albums/songs.

Deezer has a very good rock selection and offers the original flat digital transfers (same as early CDs) in addition to the remasters.
The albums are clearly marked as remastered, the originals have their date of release. And it's a pleasure to hear music that doesn't suffer from high compression. Although, not all        recordings from those days are of the highest quailty.

Hi Murgesh, from your note it is not clear whether you downloaded your music in a compressed format or uncompressed. Writing music in digital format back to a CD is a step backwards in the sense that the CD is a combination mechanical and digital device.

Like it or not the way of the future is home media servers, which can be as simple as a USB thumb drive connected to your home router sharing your media files in all possible available formats over your home network to network connected devices. This can be a Fire TV, android box or similar with optical or coax digital connections.

I use an Asus router, with a 256 GB USB thumb drive containing my original ripped CDs in VAW (uncompressed) format, streaming to a fire TV which is connected through optical connection to NAD digital amplifier, using Triangle speakers as Analog to digital converter’s. The best sounding system I have ever had for a cost under $2000.