Tekton Design's new THE PERFECT SET equals "goosebumps time"

Just got in house for review for hometheaterreview.com Tekton Design’s new, The Perfect SET, which is close to 100dB efficient and never dips below 8 ohms, which Eric built to be used with SET "flea watt" amplifiers. It is a front ported design using a 12 inch woofer and his patented array of small transducers that function as a midrange driver with a single tweeter in the middle. I set them up in a system with a great 2A3 SET amplifier and found them so superlative I did not stop listening for over five hours! Taking about "goosebump time" the music was so beautiful that
I lost track of time.

These speakers have all the virtues of the other Tekton speakers, speed, utter transparency/micro-details, great soundstaging, and that special "aliveness" that I experience when I listen to my Ulf’s. What really amazed me was what the Perfect SET was delivering on the bottom end frequencies, subterrainian/taut powerful bass, that was shaking the room, all coming from at most 2.5 to 3 watts.

If you love SET amplifiers this speaker is a match made in heaven, and remember this pair just arrived and is not totally burnt in yet.

teajay
First of all Teajay thank you for inviting us, opening the door so wide for us, We enjoyed both of your systems, The first thing I did when I got home , I read yourPS  thread again, the way you describe the SET is very very accurate, Goosebump time is precise too, When we play M.A recording Goldberg variation in piano, my jaw drop, I have never heard the Don Bennett cd sleeping giant as good as that it’s so live , the music is so beautiful...those PS are musically intimate, Mark fell in love with the PS...Your Ulf blew me away on every music we play, on big scale orchestra they are effortless and musically powerful, Going back to PS for $1800 they are bargain.its shocks me..
@teajay

thanks for the info...

was looking to add  the  SET speakers  for a second system,they sound like a great match with my Threshold S/350e amp!

will the Coda #8 blow away my Threshold. enjoyed your review on the Coda #8 

Cheers 
 There is something on the PS that draws you to the music automatically, the palpabilty of the PS will draw you the music, and they are very fast...We  play Bob Dylan, Blowin in the Wind , You thought he is the room, His guitar sound right with those PS...The speakers looks good too in glossy black finish....
@teajay  Thanks for your gracious hospitality, and allowing Bon @jayctoy and me into your house to listen to your systems!  We certainly enjoyed it, and the listening session was not only enjoyable, but also educational.  Oh, and you have a beautiful house too!

My biggest takeaway was that the Perfect SETS and the Ulfs are very different sounding speakers, and ultimately, which one you prefer will depend on the music you mostly listen to and your sonic preferences. For me, the PS hit all my buttons. I preferred their more immediate (note that I would not consider them "in your face") and intimate presentation, which is not all that different from my Tekton monitors.   With the ULFs, I have never heard the sense of soundstage scale as they portrayed, and the  dynamics were.... simply stunning; you easily heard the boundaries of the hall / studio / room, etc., and you easily felt the transient response of drums and other percussion in a real, and unexaggerated way.  Orchestral music flowed out with ease, as did Holly Cole.  

Bottom line for me, I preferred the Perfect SET for it's Row 1-5 presentation over the Ulfs mid-hall presentation, but that's only me and my preferences, since I don't listen to massively complex music like orchestral fare.  

What's even crazier, is the disparity between the costs of the two speakers.... that big gap makes no sense to me, but that makes the Perfect SET a screaming bargain!

Going back to the theme of this thread.... "goosebump time"?? Oh yeah!

Thanks again @teajay !
@jayctoy    @1markr 

thank you for the feedback.

did you guys listen with both tube gear and SS  and your thoughts?

was looking at adding a second system and thought about the SET speaker. since i own the LTA MZ2S (1 watt)   it would be a wonderful combo?

Thanks