Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
I heard the 7f being driven by STR separates last weekend , This is a long thread so I might be repeating myself. Detailed and fast with a top end that I could compare to the focal electra 1028be meaning fed a good recording they really moved me and poor recordings became 2 dimensional and boring. If I didn't know better I would have taken advantage of the offer the dealer made me right then. The Persona measures a bit like a smiley face but I never got the impression the mids were recessed. I also didn't find them bright as much as unforgiving of poor recordings. Bass was as tight and fast as the 3f but much deeper and the sound stage and images within were amazing.
I'm lucky that I have dealers that will let me home demo a product i'm interested in in fact they demand it! How's that for policy. 
There is a reason that many loudspeakers will sell and all sound so different.  There is a lot of disinformation out there about many lines and some comes from boards.  Folks all hear differently and all too often dealers will discuss others speakers and claim they have heard, them, but really haven't heard the new models etc...  I've even heard about a specific dealer talking to another dealer about a speaker he carries.  Come to find out the dealer who claims he has heard this line was talking about the 8k speaker and thinking it was the 60k speaker.

This is a major problem in high end audio.  Another problem to ME, is that system matching IS so important.  It's why you can't get a component of the month or year and put that with another and hope to have great sound.  I own Vandy's as all know.  In order for them to sound their best, they need a zero feedback amp.  Not difficult to find anymore and not difficult to set up.

To ME, if you have to go nuts tuning any speaker, then why buy it?  Why not just get a speaker that sounds great to you with a bunch of different amps. If a speaker is good, it will show the difference in anything in your chain.  It's not a difficult thing.  This is how we get into folks having to justify their sale or purchase.  As I've always said, if you love them, that's awesome.  Not saying that in a gratuitous way either.  That's from the heart man as it's all about the music and enjoyment.  

I must have gobs of micro and macro detail.  I want to hear it all, but I need to listen for hours on end and not just for an hour.  I usually don't need more than a half hour with a speaker to know it's not my cup of tea, but I do need much more time to know if it is THE cup of tea (hope that makes sense).

It's all good, but some are calling some speakers softer, but that shows they either havent' heard that speaker, or that they are so different than folks who have.  Just sayin.......
I have heard the Vandersteen about 5 times. The $7K CT version and the most expensive one. I think every time I heard them, except once (most recently),  Richard Vandersteen was in the same room. I thought I would like them more because I love Thiel, especially the CS3.7. However, the Vandersteen did not pull my strings to buy them. Now these demos were all under an hour and not using my demo tracks so maybe that had some bearing.

When I heard the following speakers under similar demo situations (not my demo tracks)  I thought I could easily live with any of them. I did not have the room then so I did not buy them.

Thiel CS3.7 (still wish I bought had this one)
KEF Blade (I will buy this soon now that I have room)
KEF Ref 1
KEF Ref 5
Vivid Kaya 90
Vivid Giya G1
Magico A3
Magico S3MK11
Paradigm Persona 5F
Wilson Alexa 1
Magnapan (for got the model #)

Revel Salon 1 (did buy this one long ago after a demo since I had space)

Maybe my hearing is geared towards a certain sound that is in the Persona camp. I have actually heard a ton more speakers, some mentioned on this thread,  but no need to mention them since they did not move me.
@audiotroy 

I am actually spot on.

Given the same Amp, a Persona will sound brighter, than a Dali (for instance) with the same amp.

Thats my entire point, and the one most here have made. It’s a bright speaker, not a bad speaker. 

Of course amps, pre amps, tubes etc can affect it.  But the speakers character will always be prevalent in the system.  Can you tweak the system with sources and room treatment and eq, of course.  

Generally speakers are the most expensive component in a system and the hardest to change.  So yes, for most people getting the speaker right matters most.

Thats the point.  I don’t think anyone here has said they are bad speakers.  
The 7F shares almost no resemblance to the 1028be. Not sure where you get that.  Also, there is no enhanced bass in the 7F.  They have perhaps the tightest bass I have ever heard.  So to a lot of people that would likely be heard as “lean” in the bass due to years of hearing boomy speakers and hearing lots of the room or speaker enclosure.  Sounds like you’re letting what you read influence your impressions. I just saw you raving about them in another thread yet now you’re changing your tune based on what others are saying.

It’s amazing how much “audiophiles” are psychologically influenced and don’t even realize it.

What recordings did you hear through the 7F that made it sound two dimensional and boring? If the 7F is capable of providing a huge deep and wide holographic stage on good recordings, that means they can extract the same when available from other recordings. If the mentioned “bad” recordings don’t have the soundstage, there’s no way they’d suddenly have anything better on another pair of speakers. The speakers don’t pick and choose when they want to have space in the soundstage. That goes against logic, physics, and science completely.