Tube amplifier suggestion for 101 dB speakers

Hello All,

I've been using the Tyler Acoustics PD30s with Classé Sigma solid state preamp and amp combination.
These speakers have two 15" woofers and a horn tweeter, 4 ohm, sensitivity 101 dB.
The above combination is not the best, especially for complex rock music, the highs start to distort, they are harsh, just bad. Never had tube gears, but after reading a bit, these speakers apparently scream for tubes. Actually somebody brought over a hobbyist-made tube amp and yes, the speakers were tamed.
I'm willing to switch to a tube amp but prefer to keep the ss preamp.
Can anybody recommend a few good tube amp matches here, for a max of 3K new or used. Room is just a good medium size. I want something that I can keep for many years if possible and being somehow flexible to tube rolling.

Thanks.
128x128piramis
I'm thinking of the Quicksilver Sixty Watt Mono's for my ZU Omen defs. The Quicksilvers look nice with the chrome chassis

http://quicksilveraudio.com/products/sixty-watt-mono-amp/
Even if your speaker has a high efficiency, I do not recommend small power SET amplifier to drive two 15 inch drivers.
I can't imagine why.

My speakers are 98 dB with dual woofers. My preamp has a fair amount of output and in a pinch, I can use it to drive my speakers and it controls the 15" woofer just fine. An SET would do just as well; the big problem is 'will an SET have enough power?' and if a more powerful one that does more than 7 watts then the answer is 'most of the time'.

I prefer a bit more power; much depends on the distortion that the amp makes- if low in overall distortion (in particular the higher ordered harmonics) then it will be relaxed and you will very naturally use the extra power.
I have a friend who drives his Klipsch Cornwalls using a pair of SET monoblocs with I think somewhere around 12wpc and they sound glorious and can handle loud classical orchestral music passages with ease in a relatively large room. They sound particularly engaging when we listen to more intimate venues and instrumental music like jazz trios and/or music with vocals. He also has a Pass XA30.5 and we both prefer the lower powered SETs even though the Pass has a slightly better bass definition particularly on tougher orchestral content. I would have probably been quite happy with the Pass had I not heard them side by side. 
There are some nice inexpensive tube designs based on the old Dyna Stereo 70 and Mk 3 mono amps.  Plenty of power for a 101dB 4 ohm speaker.
Have you thought of a tube preamp or buffer before you give up the Classe amp?