Hey That's Not So Bad if It's Class D

So I don't have an amp right now & was fiddling around in the kitchen with music playing from my Samsung big screen when I realized the sound coming from the living room wasn't too bad...Bass had good definition but no depth or impact,drums sound like drums but again no impact,I can tell Slow Hands Strat from BB's Gibson & Greg Allman 's latter years rasp comes through with just enough gravel......There's no low level detail but I attribute that to the internal speakers..
Epiphany!!! I am most likely listening to a modern Class D Amplifier in the Samsung...If it is indeed Class D color me impressed enough to explore  the tech further....
freediver
freediver,

You discovered by chance what many home audio enthusiasts, including myself, have learned more methodically and thoroughly: the sound quality of modern class D amps is extremely impressive.  The best class D amps are considered some of the best performing amps available regardless of amp type.  There are also numerous class D amps that are considered great bargains due to their exceptional performance at affordable prices.
     Class D amps have many advantages over traditional home audio amps that make them attractive such as their small size, low weight, high electrical efficiency, cool operating temperature, extremely low distortion levels, low background noise levels,very good dynamics, relatively low cost and high quality sound.  These qualities make them ideal amps for everything from hdtv amps to larger versions for hi-end home audio systems.  
     If you're in need of an amp, I suggest you audition some good class D amps before buying anything else.  I'm not aware of a better method to attain such high level performance at a lower price,

Tim

I had used tube amps for decades and on a whim decided to jettison my cranky SET amp for a Class D. I agree with Noble100’s comments but I recently returned to tube amplification because I found that Class D amplification created music that was not emotionally involving for me. I do not intend to return to the SS world although it does have it’s advantages if you like the presentation.

When my old Adcom five-channel amp went TU, I needed a low cost alternative to replace it. Already being curious about Class D, I contacted Class D Audio, and wound up building three of their kits. The last one runs two modules and produces 500 Wpc.

I also use an SET 300B amp that I love. For me, Class D has been a very positive experience, they are in use probably 80% of the time, and sound great to my ears. The SET 300B, though, has a beautiful sound in a class of its own.
There are a lot of Class D Custom amplifiers thst are Very good .
i have owned SET amps ,hybrids,class A, class AB .
I now own a class D Amp from The Danish company Gato Audio
the Latest 400-S Which use Pascal Amps also from Denmark ,they totally modify them with Analog input,and output sections 
Jeff Roland use these and a Very good . Mark Levenson ,Classe 
and a bunch of others are finally seeing digital potential .bydesigning custom inputs and outputs to complement the lowest distortions in the industry as well as high powercooler running ,it is like digital music with now MQA it just keeeps progressing. Every class of Amplifier can be very good if designed 
properly ,no more thin not involving digital .i am speaking of 
Digital $5k and up .finally digital has progressed a lot in the last few years , even Digital from NAD is very now respectable .
I own a D-Sonic for my 2-channel system.  Amazing performance, I have them paired with Magnepan .7 and an Aric Audio tube preamp.
Can not see how it is beat for under 3k.