Which Class D Amplifier? PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrill or other???

I’m looking for a new amp & want Class D.

I’ve seen various brands mentioned, such as PS Audio, Ghent, Nord, Merrel to name a few, but I’ve not heard any of them.

Which company is producing the best sounding Class D?
Which models should I be looking to demo?

Thanks

singintheblues
 I will pray for you.

Really!!  with how your self shilling on these forums. 
And now your bringing god and love into it now. You are a piece of work.
Strength of Class D is when lots of power is needed in a small and perhaps affordable low maintenance package.

Class D may or may not be a good option in other cases, however those will be weaker cases for Class D ie cases where the unique aspects of Class D do not matter as much.

What the best option is largely depends on the playing field. Each approach is sound and can sound very good on its home field, less so playing away games on the others, so one can always set pre-conditions that favor one solution versus another. What happens and is needed in real life is all that matters in the end.
Hello Guido,

I had no idea you have such a musical background, very nice. 
    My typical initial reaction, when I read negative comments about the sound quality of class D like those in clearthink's post , is to wonder exactly which class D amps they listened to that was perceived as sounding so bad.  
    My next reaction, that seems to be similar to yours, is that they certainly did not listen to music amplified via my class D amps in my system since I always completely fail to recognize any of the supposed class D negative qualities they mention.
     Unfortunately, I recall only 1 class D amp critic listing the brand and model of class D amp on his post that he had listened to and based his opinions on.  
      I welcome honest criticism of specific class D amps within the context of specific systems.  However, some generalizations of class D performance  (such as "I personally find that class D amplification sounds just dreadful to those familiar with the sound of real music, instruments, and acoustic spaces", "class D treble is harsh and fatiguing", "the soul of the music is missing" , "there's something missing", etc.) without mentioning any class D amp or system details are so broad and unspecific that they become meaningless.   

Tim    
++noble regarding guido. To a couple of other posters, don’t let the door hit you on the way out. It’s much more fun without you two "telling" us what to think, over and over. It will be a struggle, but there are a couple of knowledge experts we actually enjoy listening to. 
The new Alchemy Series DPA-2 sounds interesting. I have some demo units coming in soon to review. Class A linear supply front end with class D output.

I haven't heard one yet (or any class D) , but if it sounds comparable in quality to the DDP-2 preamp/DAC/streamer, it has potential to be excellent.

Peter Madnick has my attention.