Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
If you were referring to me, I should clarify that I do not own any of the speakers I listed above. Those were just some demoed over a couple weeks. I mentioned the ones above because they all use beryllium, and I wonder if that is one of the reasons why impressions were pretty consistent for me across Paradigm Persona 3F and Focal Kanta. In addition to the above, I demoed Spendor D7, KEF LS50 / R11, Klipsch Forte III, and Focal Aria 948.

I was very interested in the Personas before I actually heard them. But they turned out to be one of my least favorite.
You name a speaker , any speaker and I can pick it apart and tell you why I do not care for it . If I like the speaker as I do the Persona , I can find no faults . One mans treasure is another mans trash . 
Going on a forum that is discussing a speaker I don't like is a waste of time and a disservice to that company products . 
Cmsgolf, really don’t know why you have this evangelical hatred of the Persoanas.
Audiotroy, when did I ever say that I hate the Personas? Please find it for me. I think they are a very good speaker, that is unfortunately too tipped up in the top end for me. A tipped up top end in ANY speaker is a deal breaker for me, been there and done that. At first it sounds like amazing detail and speed, but ends up in a pair of speakers sitting silent in my room because I don't want to listen. It creates listening fatigue that no tweak will fix. It may not show up in a short, controlled audition, but it will show up after a period of ownership. There are certain frequencies in the midrange and if a pair of speakers has a peak there, I don't need to hear any more. They will be checked off the list. Apparently, you and ahofer have hearing that is tuned in to different things. He thought they were bright in your shop, you said that they were absolutely not bright. In fact, two people in this thread have said the same thing about auditions in your shop. Apparently more than one person hears them differently than you, even in your shop. When people are tuned in to a certain characteristic of a system, they will always be able to tell it on any system they listen to. Whether that characteristic is bass impact, imaging, sound staging, detail, speed, brightness, etc. does not matter. Many times, one of those factors may be the most important factor to them. When you do a parlor trick to draw attention away from the inherent problem, you are not in it for the customer. Rather you are trying to pound a square peg into a round hole. Or even worse, you are trying to create a stream of revenue for the next great tweak to sell that you say will solve a problem that none of those tweaks can actually fix. Again, to ahofer, buy what your ears like and can live with over the long term. If you find that to be the Personas, great. But don't get buffaloed into it. 

@csmgolf 

Agreed.  Tried saying the same thing.  Amazing how defensive owners of a speaker feel.  If you like it, good on ya.   

As for Dave and Troy... well... you may have learned by now they are never wrong and can magically tune any speaker with all sorts of magic only they understand.

Or, you know, one can buy the speaker they really audition and like, and then maybe make subtle changes (which is all that in most cases is really possible) once they have them home.

I've owned really bright speakers, tried chasing with amps, sources etc.  No thanks.  Doesn't mean they are bad, in all cases someone else bought them.

I had some klipsch palladiums, they are really quite good - but too lean for me and too bright.

Drummer bought them from me, always uses a sub and LOVED CYMBALS.  For him, they were awesome.

Ok. Let’s all agree that the Personas are on the bright side . Numerous test show the bump in the upper registers. Easily fixable   I knew my amps and music server/dac where on the warmer side . Tube pre. Good to go. 
I just swapped out the Audience Au 24sx that where on the lean side with a cable with a little more meat
I previously had Magico S3 that where lifeless. 
Much easier to tame a little hotter speaker and still enjoy all the good things it brings than to try to liven up a boring speaker