Vinyl***What If***

Hypothetical here:
My new incoming Cayin integrated has a built in MM stage..IF I convinced myself I wanted to try vinyl & knowing absolutely nothing about set up,care etc..& do NOT like to constantly fiddle recommend me a complete,bare minimum setup...
Speakers are Harbeth M30.1 & cables are Nordost Lief Series Red Dawn...Thanks much..
freediver
The real point is that it is all a matter of taste. We all like what we like but I'm not going to write something like "jazz isn't live music" just because I don't like jazz or because someone used a microphone. I'm also not going to set a quality standard (for myself) that recorded music sound just like it does live. That can be a fleeting capricious standard not to mention that a great deal of music isn't recorded 'live'.

Again, if someone else wants that to be their standard they are welcome to it. There's just no need to denigrate someone else's music genre.
I did not say it can’t sound good , I said it is NOT live music . Point is , if your system is set for symphonic music in a hall, the hardest thing to replicate in audio , then the advice of less that 2% of the people on Planet earth is of much use to you .

I don't like rock because I was grown before it existed and I know it has been bad for both the level of music and society in general . This will never change so hear what you will .
👍👍 2 thumbs to all that mentioned the entire experience. It is fun to hunt fkr them on a weekend at thrift stores and auctions or on holiday. The albums become prised and cared for possessions. Listening sessions become just that and not background music. It's cool to talk about vinyl with friends. Vinyl is a physical thing and not something in the air like streaming is. You may like it or not  ut give it a try. 

As others I suggest start out simple but with some quality. 
Rega P3 
MM cartrige. You wont need step up transformer 
Clean records. 

Have fun with it or not. You will figure  out which way to go from there. 
Post removed 

Regardless of genre, if music is being performed by a human standing on a stage (or a floor, or the back of a flatbed truck) the music is "live". If the human is playing an unamplified acoustic guitar, violin, mandolin, piano, or upright bass, and is singing into no microphone, the music is live. If the guitar, violin, mandolin, piano, or upright bass has a microphone on it that is plugged into an amp, and the person is singing into a microphone, the music is still "live". Whether or not the resulting music is created by purely acoustical instruments and voices is immaterial, for gosh sake! Is the term "live" being used pejoratively?

Of course, that is true ONLY if you are at the live appearance. If you hear music only on recordings, there is NO live music, purely acoustic or otherwise!