Want to get into Analog

I’m thinking of taking a plunge into analog sources by picking up a vintage DD turntable.
There seems to be an endless supply of vintage tables available on eBay and CL.

Which models would be good values for under $1000 (total budget for turntable, arm, cartridge.  Thanks.
mrpostfire
Larry, you are being totally inappropriate and I will explain. Most of these guys won't be able to tell whether it is record or cd playing, given similar level of equipment, unfamiliar music and analog mastering for cd. Even less probable with something like XRCDs.
But I have faith in Bill and frog. Damn, I myself sometimes get confused for a few seconds with my own system and very familiar music when analog recording is quite compressed.
To the OP. Don't listen to them or yourself regarding cheap DD tables. They are junk and will give you stupid even if at times sort of exciting sound. If you want real thing extend your budget and get Nottingham Analogue Interspace table/arm. Add Goldring 1042 MM cartridge and that will do it. For phono get Sutherland least expensive model. Another thing - buy only best pressings of records. Since you probably have no idea ask us, especially Bill. He's been roaming entire world for years searching for those, and finding them, usually. And clean the bloody records well on a machine.
Again, don't waist your hard or even if not hard earned dollars on mass market and DJ BS.

What's with this "analog sound"; millions of people threw their "crappy" turntables on the junk heap and never looked back; a cheap crappy record player, and a record of any kind will give you crappy sound that every body gave up when they got a CD player.

Personally, I'm not paying money for someone else's junk; there is way too much that can cause a TT not to be up to specs to chance a used one when you can get a new guaranteed one.

This stuff is rated by class in "Stereophile", and if you want better than a good CD player, you got to go to class "B"; otherwise you get something no better than a good CD player, and I'm sure you already have that.

The cheapest tables with arm come in at 3K. Cartridges come in at 1K, phono pre at less than 1K if MM with tubes preferably; total 5K. You can find ways to chisel 1K off the total, and still come out right.

Or, you can go to Crutchfield, and get everything for $399.

https://www.crutchfield.com/shopsearch/turntable.html

The cheapest tables with arm come in at 3K.

@orpheus10  No, since Technics is back to business with Coreless Direct Drive (considered by many audiophiles as the best DD available today) and for very reasonable price, for example the 1200GR is under $2k and there are few more between $1200-1500 from Technics coming later this year. 

So the $3k mark is definitely not the cheapest. 
I think it would be hard to find anything close to the new 1200GR which can be purchaced for under $1700 used @inna  

Two things come to mind when reading this posts...

One, nostalgia and profit drive much of the comeback of analog turntables and vinyl. Much like the comeback of the Volkswagen Beetle and the Chrysler PT cruiser, auto manufacturers capitalized on the “I want the good old days again” mindset of middle aged consumers. When kinds were playing mom and dads records and turning away from CD or IPods, those sales of albums brought it back... which leads to my second thought.
Secondly, one MUST spend a very decent sum of money to begin to get good sound from turntable rigs. CD players are getting much better, streaming and digital downloads are offering hi-resolution files that sound very good and clean. Therefore a good turntable, cartridge, tonearm, phono preamp and record cleaner will cost you thousands of dollars to better digital sound. A vintage crappy turntable may come close but only if one really knows what to get and again you would spend a very good sum of money on a vintage Garrard 301, reconditioned or new.