Want to get into Analog

I’m thinking of taking a plunge into analog sources by picking up a vintage DD turntable.
There seems to be an endless supply of vintage tables available on eBay and CL.

Which models would be good values for under $1000 (total budget for turntable, arm, cartridge.  Thanks.
mrpostfire
**** Do I get more enjoyment out of it than my digital sources? Yes! ****

**** ....more than anything else I get more involved in listening to records than digital sources ****

Honest question: So, what exactly is it that, for you, still makes your digital sources “better”?
My Marantz CD player is more revealing and has "better" sound quality than any other source in my current system. 

I know what my problem is; "Nobody passed me the bong"; that's what it takes to get this romantic involvement with the "old-school" records and record players, that they now refer to as "Analog"; which said record players could be had for $200. new.

Frogman, "Do I get more enjoyment out of it than my digital sources? Yes! *"

BTW, Frogman has a TNT6 plus ET2 tonearm.

https://www.vpiindustries.com/tnt6

https://www.stereophile.com/content/eminent-technology-two-tonearm

Frogman says, "* ....more than anything else I get more involved in listening to records than digital sources ****"

I wonder why?

big_greg, thanks for your response. I’m trying to get a better sense of what you consider to be “better” sound; while admitting that you get more enjoyment from the (apparently) lesser.  “Revealing” can mean different things to different listeners and isn’t always at the top of list of priorities for some listeners. Feel free to expound if you would like. Thanks again.

orpheus10, I learned a long time ago that it is pointless to try and have a meaningful dialogue with you. Case of “Mars and Venus”; and that is being very generous. As usual, you are missing the point with your insistence on “winning” an argument that should never have become an argument. Please look for the argument elsewhere. Peace.
There are some very good points raised here and I am just going to throw this out there.
I am currently selling a fully restored Dual 1019 ready to go at $299. No it is not a shameless plug ... Lol.
Would I recommend this tt to a new to analog person? Heck no, even though restored and in perfect working order it is still not your definition of plug and play. I am usually fiddling slightly with antiskate and vtf depending on records. This type of older vintage idler drive is usually going to need a bit more fiddling than a simple belt drive.
For example only couple days ago I noticed it sounded slow even with pitch adjusted fully up. Investigation revealed that the brass drive cone was not truly tight on the shaft and had slipped down on the shaft a little, hence running slow.
Reset it, tightened it up and checked speed and set with strobe.

Relatively simple task for me but for a newbie to idler drives or tt in general?
May have driven them crazy.

Plenty of sub $500 tt especially used would be a lot easier to live with and still give a nice experience.