Want to get into Analog

I’m thinking of taking a plunge into analog sources by picking up a vintage DD turntable.
There seems to be an endless supply of vintage tables available on eBay and CL.

Which models would be good values for under $1000 (total budget for turntable, arm, cartridge.  Thanks.
mrpostfire
There are some very good points raised here and I am just going to throw this out there.
I am currently selling a fully restored Dual 1019 ready to go at $299. No it is not a shameless plug ... Lol.
Would I recommend this tt to a new to analog person? Heck no, even though restored and in perfect working order it is still not your definition of plug and play. I am usually fiddling slightly with antiskate and vtf depending on records. This type of older vintage idler drive is usually going to need a bit more fiddling than a simple belt drive.
For example only couple days ago I noticed it sounded slow even with pitch adjusted fully up. Investigation revealed that the brass drive cone was not truly tight on the shaft and had slipped down on the shaft a little, hence running slow.
Reset it, tightened it up and checked speed and set with strobe.

Relatively simple task for me but for a newbie to idler drives or tt in general?
May have driven them crazy.

Plenty of sub $500 tt especially used would be a lot easier to live with and still give a nice experience.
@frogman "Better" is by definition a subjective term, however what I'm referring to are the things that seem to tick the check boxes for "audiophiles", dynamics, details, black backgrounds, soundstage, excetera excetera.

I personally get more enjoyment out of spinning vinyl even if technically the sound quality isn't quite as good. I'm more likely to get up and walk around or be doing something else and have the music be in the background if I'm listening to a CD or streaming than if I'm listening to a record. Does that help with your understanding of the point I'm trying to get across?
big_greg, it does help; a lot. Thanks for sharing; and for making MY point.  Regards.

There is no argument Frogman, you're listening to Class "A" analog while recommending no class analog for someone else.
Again, you are missing the point. If you weren’t so predisposed to interpreting others’ comments the way that you want to see them it would be clear. I’ll try it one last time (with you).

For starters, suggesting that the reason that someone does not see things from your point of view is that he beat you to the bong is an argument by any standard. But, that’s your style and I know it well. Unfortunate. Straight ahead.

Now, if you had cared to really read my comments you would see that the only gear that I have “recommended” as worthwhile is “well chosen and well set up” budget gear; specifically the vintage Thorens that I linked. This, as a way to encourage those wanting to try vinyl for the first time while staying within their stated budget, or very close to it, to try it. IMO, it IS possible to get a taste of what many find so “involving” about analog while staying within their stated budgets. Funny, how quick some are to spend other people’s money. Also funny is how that budget figure gets smaller and smaller each time you quote it. Have you ever heard a well set up vintage Thorens? I doubt it. You would be shocked at how close it would come to your beloved Rega as far as playing MUSIC goes; and, for some, in some specific ways, it does it even better. Please reread my comments if you want more specific details as to why I feel the way I do. If that is not enough then read, if you haven’t already, big_greg’s comments as to why he enjoys listening to his lp’s more than his digital, finding the experience more “involving”. Those comments sum things up very nicely.

What is “better” music playback? That which scores points in all the “audiophile” criteria, but doesn’t keep you glued to your listening chair digging the music? Or, that which does? For me it’s a no-brainer.