Want to get into Analog

I’m thinking of taking a plunge into analog sources by picking up a vintage DD turntable.
There seems to be an endless supply of vintage tables available on eBay and CL.

Which models would be good values for under $1000 (total budget for turntable, arm, cartridge.  Thanks.
mrpostfire
I do see Nottingham Interspace used from time to time for about $1500, rarely though. Not sure of the price for a new one, probably around $2.5k for table/arm. Usually, people keep their tables for a long time if they like them and only upgrade when they can go much higher, which in reality often means double the price.
New Technics might do too. A lot also depends on your music and sound preferences. There are reasons why the very best turntables are belt drive. In ideal world I would have two, both belt drive and direct drive, but that would be a totally different level of performance and cost in the dozens of thousands. $2.5k - $5k range for new table/arm will let you get into analog seriously. $500-$1k for cartridge and $1k - $1.5k for phono.
Guess I am badly addicted Inna.
4 tt right now.
Belt drive, DD, idler drive and a linear tracker.
Selling two though and likely buying a r2r instead.

Yep there is no hope for me........

😇😇
@big_greg

I recently picked up a JVC QL-Y66F DD table with a Stanton 981 HZS cartridge for $545. Is it better than my digital sources (which isn't something the OP asked for by the way)? No. Do the used records I buy sound really nice on it after a good cleaning? Yes! Do I get more enjoyment out of it than my digital sources? Yes! Is it more pleasing on the eyes than my CD player or DAC? Yes!

You've got an amazing MM cartridge if the stylus is the original Stereohedron or Stereohedron II, congrats! Normally this cartridge alone cost more than you paid for cart + turntable :) 

Frogman, I've been listening to nothing but brand new LP's for days; old music, but new LP's; it really takes big strong fingers to pluck fat bass fiddle strings, and Mingus has them. I'm listening to;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0A_Ik6TTn0

It's so amazing how well this can be heard on a new LP.

My contention in regard to vinyl has always been the same; I deplore the misleading assertions that the sound audiophiles are raving about can be had for next to nothing, and those old record players that were common in the 70's can deliver. They deliver now, what they delivered then, which is why everyone threw them on the trash, and bought a CD player.

I realize how you have to wade through a "hodge podge" of statements in order to read mine, and how it's all so confusing, which is why you don't see the consistency in my statements, but I hate for people to waste money and be disappointed, which is something they're going to do if they believe there is something magically inherent in a vinyl record.