Paradigm Persona series

I'm beginning to poke around and gather opinions and information about a "super speaker" to replace my aging Thiel 2.4s.  I like the idea of bass dsp room correction and I am a bit of a point source type imaging nut (thus the Thiels).  So among other choices I've been looking at the Paradigm Persona series specifically the powered 9H with room correction for the bass.  However I'm skeptical of the "lenses" i.e. pierced metal covers on the midrange and tweeter specifically because of Paradigm's claim that such screens "screen out" "out of phase" musical information.  The technology in the design seems superlative but I just can't get past the claim re out of phase information and the midrange and tweeter covers.  What could possibly be the science behind this claim?  It just seems like its putting a halloween moustache on the mona lisa given the fact that the company is generally a technology driven company.
pwhinson
Thanks Dave.  My own personal thoughts are that I'd never buy from a company that does this on a regular basis unless I got that same type of discount when they weren't running a promo.  Why would you want to take that kind of a loss?  

I know they do it, but I never felt it was good business for those paying full or close to full price as many do.  I have a local dealer (as you know) who is a great guy. I've even purchased a pair of Paradigms from him years ago, but it was at 30% off.  Daughter likes them for her parties at college as she blasts them lol.
Guys, these are just my personal feelings and it's not a big deal unless you paid more than 80% of the price of the speakers, lol.  We can move on from this I'm sure.  
@pwhinson I read your nice review of the 9H in your room. I get the impression they don't have all you want to pull the trigger to buy. 

If not, what are the other options?
@pwhinson do you have them toed in at all?  They should be facing almost straight.  Maybe 5 degrees total.  I have never gotten brightness especially on orchestral recordings that are decent or better.  Even stuff like the old Telarc CDs sound simply incredible.  Almost laid back yet with jaw dropping dynamics, scale, and wade.
Oh, one more thing.  You mention wanting to adjust the bass response curve. With the new ARC Genesis, you will be able to custom tailor it however you want.  I think it releases in April or May.