Speaker Width?

Hello all,

Currently my speakers are 12' apart and each speaker is about 10' from my listening position. Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/etiV2q8

Would it make sense for me to move them closer together? (switching with my amp and subwoofer on each side). Curious on thoughts and how people typically space their speakers!
bclark8923
Pulled them further into the room and thats about as good as I'll get them, definitely sounding better and a more even center image across the whole couch.

https://imgur.com/a/FNpVWsr

Thoughts on putting acoustic panels on the walls behind the speakers? What size would work well to the left and right of the TV?

And would rather have these speakers now sub optimally and then when we get a new house can fit the house to the speakers!
Talk to GIK Acoustics. Great advice, and very very good prices on effective products. :)

Also, look at their Art Panels. They'd be a lot better to look at than a bare wall. :)
The worst offender in the new photo is the coffee table. Big flat surface so close to the direct sound path is just plain bad.

The ear interprets sounds arriving within 4 to 6 milliseconds of each other as being the same source. Sound travels approximately 1 foot per millisecond. So the rule of thumb is you want at least 6 feet between  straight line distance and the reflected distance.

With that coffee table its probably well under 4 feet. And that thing is huge! Smearing imaging like you won't believe!

What you need is to help your girlfriend out with some better interior decorating ideas! I see a much smaller table, oval, made of say rattan, with maybe a nice round vase on it, slender, or deeply carved wood maybe, anything to break up the surface, and sitting on some nice thick and plush decorative fabric. Lol!
I lot of folks say that a table in front of your listening position is a big no-no. Having been at this audio stuff for awhile, I would certainly tend to agree, in theory. I also have my rig in a shared living space and need to consider my wife’s needs. I put some nice sliders under our coffee table and slide the table out of the way when listening at night. You can see my rig under virtual systems here on the Gon.

Well it turns out I like the sound as much, if not more, with the table in front of me. I do place a fabric throw, magazines etc...on the table. After critical listening I have found the coffee table with folded fabric on it absolutely sounds as good. It surprised me, but is nevertheless true. The table is 4 feet wide, but only 18 inches high. The short height helps. I no longer slide the coffee table to the side.