Arguments devolve on threads to wordsmithing contests

Why is it that so many well-intentioned threads devolve into wordsmithing contests? Is it necessary to argue about the meaning of posts when the language thereof is reasonably clear on its face?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
I think it is a part of being an audiophile.  
The joke of 'how many' for audiophiles would be "How many audiophiles does it take to screw in a lightbulb. One to screw in in. fifty to argue how it was screwed in, another two hundred would discus and fall to blows over whether it was the right bulb' Another couple of hundred would read about the light bulb changing and start new threads on how stupid the bulb changer is for xxx reasons, Dozens would start threads denouncing light bulbs as overpriced quackery, when candles do such a good job.Dozens more would defend the right to use lightbulbs... It would never end. Then someone would design a $599 light bulb and praise how it 'glows better than anything you ever saw' Dozens more would join in proclaiming the better light bulb. Then more audiophiles would stat complaining about 'snake oil' light bulbs...  
I could drag this out for hours of writing... I think you get the idea.

re wack a mole' lol. lovely.

I call 'em 'drive by posting'. or posters.

simply done to illicit some sort of emotional upheaval I think.

oil well.

as for them interrupting anyone or anything, there is always the option of simply over looking such derogatory posts and skipping on to the next post.

I think ignoring ignorance, is the appropriate path. it doesn't like that.

@Elizabeth excellent.

I'll opt for Smart LED bulbs that can change colors when  called upon to do so.
Hold on...I'm trying to craft my best argument to argue about arguing.  I'm sure many of you are completely missing the boat with this thread.