Speakers

Hello,
I recently upgraded my yamaha receiver, replacing it with a 'new' Sansui qrx8001 from the late 70's... a loaded question I know, but does anyone have speaker recommendations for said quad sansui? Mostly vinyl,  some fm, mid-size living room, budget 2k, but maybe more if done in 2 phases.  
thanks
rick2718
Nice Sansui! I would expect it's voice to be a bit warm,never brittle or etched..With that in mind I would look at Focal Aria 906 or maybe Monitor Audio which I prefer to B&W...Also the Matin Logan Motion 35XT might be a good match...
You're Sansui is hopelessly old, outdated, and obsolete if what you prefer, seek, and desire is accurate, faithful, high fidelity from you're Music Reproduction System.
I have a special place for Sansui receivers.  This is almost going to sound like a joke, but back in the day I purchased from an ad a Sansui receiver along with a pair of Cerwin Vega speakers that had 12" woofers for an enclosed patio when I lived in Huntington Beach, CA.  There was something so musical (magical?) about that combination that no matter who listened to it they always commented how nice it sounded.  Not once did they comment like this regarding my high $ main system.
tomic: In my mind it'll be all quad, but in reality it won't. Not even 1/2 I suppose due to not having that many quad recordings, and some of what I have don't have sufficient vinyl quality to keep the separation.

freediver: thanks for the speaker recommendations, I will look into those... does that recommendation extend to the other models in the Aria line?

clearthink:  Given that I'm in the 'hopeless' range I can experiment with speakers without concern... no place farther down to which I can go I suppose