Arguments devolve on threads to wordsmithing contests

Why is it that so many well-intentioned threads devolve into wordsmithing contests? Is it necessary to argue about the meaning of posts when the language thereof is reasonably clear on its face?
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
I think it is more like a candied scorpion. On still alive enough to sting your tongue while you're chewing it.                     
Or that great deal on an amplifier. The one where too late you discovered was a nesting place for Brown Recluse Spiders...       
Or that really nice chair you bought at St Vincent, turned out to be full of bedbugs, and now, since it was in your son's room, you have a houseful of bedbugs..The car has bedbugs, Your Parents have bedbugs, and everyone at his school has bedbugs.. Sadly you never heard of bedbugs before the teacher called and told you your son is a walking bedbug nest.... You wondered what all those marks were?
Uber, "five minute" as modifying "argument" is likely better as "five-minute." And "argument" has only 1 letter "e," while "full half hour" might be better as "one-half hour" ("full half" is the same as "half"). Lol
Folkes whoom: wori abuot Gremmer; mine ulwaes enjoie, Sppeling two? Sum off us worri whay, two mulch
Reminds me of an article about reading comprehension wherein the author provided an example of a paragraph including misspellings of every word. No issues with reading it. Lol