Speaker Width?

Hello all,

Currently my speakers are 12' apart and each speaker is about 10' from my listening position. Picture here: https://imgur.com/a/etiV2q8

Would it make sense for me to move them closer together? (switching with my amp and subwoofer on each side). Curious on thoughts and how people typically space their speakers!
bclark8923
In the first room I had my system in the sweet spot was incredibly small. A difference of inches and I'm typically not a fussy audiophile about this sort of thing but in that room it was as you say, you knew the right spot immediately and all others were noticeably worse. Even turning my head to one side made a difference in the soundstage.

In my current room the sweet spot is not so small and there are several of them. I don't know why. My room has a few hard flat surfaces but it has 10' ceilings, carpeted floor and soft furnishings everywhere else. Maybe that helps?
Sorry to chime in with some basic truths here. What I see is a really bad listening environment especially for those speakers. Way too small a space. Look at listener position, against the wall. Talk about reflective heaven. Jeez. I recommend storing those speakers for the future house, get some decent bookshelves speakers and then make them sing as best as possible in that space for as long as stuck there. Wow, I sound like Geoff. Sorry!
Just looked at your pictures. Nice apartment, nice furniture, gorgeous view! Unfortunately, none of that helps you with how your system should sound. If you really want to get the best from your investment, you will need to:
1. Use a dedicated listening room
2. Use Jim Smith's book Get Better Sound
3. Use room treatment
4. Set up your speakers and listening seat for best sound
I know most others won't/can't do those steps, but the truth is you will never get the best sound with compromises. The room/setup will give you at least 50% of what you will hear.

Tom
Move them out from the wall.  Closer listening position is better when environment is a problem.  Equilateral triangle is good start, but closer than width isn’t necessarily bad.  
Just saying, I've been lurking on this site for a long time, and this is the best, most helpful, and the funniest, thread ever. Greatly appreciated, thanks to you all.