Really...My favorite power tube is reissue that's not widely popular

If you run 6l6/EL34 variants, I HIGHLY recommend trying this tube out.  The Tung Sol 7581A reissue.  I've had these for a good bit of time and compared them against KT150s, EL34s (several brands), KT88s, and maybe another that I'm forgetting.  They are a mere $30 a pop and they are the best tube I have heard. I know that's a brave bold statement to make as there is so much competition out there and the tube is very much under the radar from what I can tell.  

After having these around for a long time (and in and out of the amp), I had them in and was nearly spellbound one night by how great they sounded upon reentry into my amp.  I did a search and could only find one review, which I agree wholeheartedly with.  You can find it here: https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/6l6-vacuum-tube-review-tubes-courtesy-of-www-thetu...

I am nearly incredulous there isn't hype out there about this tube.  Simply my favorite tube.  I thought I'd pass this along as it may be much cheaper to give them a whirl then fuss with a much more expensive power cord, cable, or other tweak.  
128x128jbhiller
I meant 7581As in my last post, lest anyone be reading this stuff. The Gold Lion KT77s really are a great tube and until now have been my reference (meaning I left them in my amp as they sounded better than other options) for a year or so...beautiful looking tube, and I recently bought a new set as one tube stopped working...hmm...now that the 7581As are breaking-in (as far as that goes with tubes), they’re already a seriously great sounding tube...wide ranging effortless tone monsters with a cool looking blue glow at the plates...I like that...they’re gonna be around for a while as I bask in the damn things, and at 50 bucks a pair new and tested, there’s simply nothing not to like.

The blue glow--even though it has nothing to do with anything sonic (or likely doesn't)--is pretty sweet indeed.  Super cool.  I thought I'd lay low on the blue glow because the sonics of the tube are enough of a sell for us.  The blue glow is sooooooooo kewel. 
I've used KT120s and like them...had a quad last for 2 years or so in another amp, and have a pair for this amp. Great tube, doesn't sound as good as the GL KT77s or the 7581s in this particular amp.