Speaker wiring question

My first pair of speakers with dual binding posts. My question is weather or not it’s ok to connect one of the speaker wires to the positive or negative on the high and one on the low or should the positive and neg be connected to the low or high side posts.  This is with the shorting brackets attached.  Hope this wasn’t too confusing
metman
Thanks for the replies.  Freediver:  they are actually cable jumpers and not brackets.  Why do you think I would get much better performance if I connected to the bottom (low end) just curious.  All the illustrations for non biwiring do show connections being made on the bottom.  just wondering if there is a sonic difference or to  just to keep things uniform.  Would it then matter if you connected to the high end instead? I am going to experiment but don't think I'll be able to hook things up again for a few days
I tried what I mentioned above. Made two pairs of jumpers out of the same speaker wire I'm using for the speakers, good quality, good size. Put banana connectors on one end for the upper posts. Just used bare wire for the bottom posts. Will get some set screw spades for the bottom posts when I get a chance (hard to find them cheap the way you can bananas).

Did it make a difference? Broader sound stage, brighter roomier highs, tighter bass. Really? I don't know. Probably not. I'm the type of guy that would swear that my car runs better after I wax it. ;-)
I’m wondering why anyone uses jumpers in most cases.  Oft the wire can be threaded through the LF post to the HF post and screwed down accomplishing the same function as the dreaded brackets supplied.  Same wire type, problem solved.
Still just wondering if you're not biwiring does it make a difference if you're using the low or high posts?