Speaker wiring question

My first pair of speakers with dual binding posts. My question is weather or not it’s ok to connect one of the speaker wires to the positive or negative on the high and one on the low or should the positive and neg be connected to the low or high side posts.  This is with the shorting brackets attached.  Hope this wasn’t too confusing
metman
I’m wondering why anyone uses jumpers in most cases.  Oft the wire can be threaded through the LF post to the HF post and screwed down accomplishing the same function as the dreaded brackets supplied.  Same wire type, problem solved.
Still just wondering if you're not biwiring does it make a difference if you're using the low or high posts?
@Metman, what you asked about in your initial post is referred to as a diagonal connection configuration. In various past threads here **some** members have reported finding that configuration to be preferable to connecting both wires to the low frequency posts, and also to be preferable to connecting both wires to the high frequency posts. Others have found that not to be the case.

If it makes any difference at all in a particular application (which it very well may not, IMO), the only way to find out is to compare the different possibilities in that particular application.

Also, fwiw, from a technical standpoint the way to look at it is as follows (although what follows won’t help to predict which alternative you would find to be preferable):

1) Connecting both wires to the low frequency terminals routes the high frequency content of the audio through two jumpers and the low frequency content through no jumpers.

2) Connecting both wires to the high frequency terminals routes the low frequency content of the audio through two jumpers and the high frequency content through no jumpers.

3) Connecting the wires in a diagonal configuration routes low frequencies through one jumper and high frequencies through one jumper.

Regards,
-- Al
^^^ I hate to burst your bubble but electricity doesn’t work that way...FULL RANGE signal content travels together but are separated in the crossover..The bottom posts feed FULL RANGE to the bass portion of crossover & vice versa the top posts,filtering the signal content in the crossover to continue it’s travels through the crossover to the drivers..Bi wiring simply removes a small portion of crossover from the equation..