Really...My favorite power tube is reissue that's not widely popular

If you run 6l6/EL34 variants, I HIGHLY recommend trying this tube out.  The Tung Sol 7581A reissue.  I've had these for a good bit of time and compared them against KT150s, EL34s (several brands), KT88s, and maybe another that I'm forgetting.  They are a mere $30 a pop and they are the best tube I have heard. I know that's a brave bold statement to make as there is so much competition out there and the tube is very much under the radar from what I can tell.  

After having these around for a long time (and in and out of the amp), I had them in and was nearly spellbound one night by how great they sounded upon reentry into my amp.  I did a search and could only find one review, which I agree wholeheartedly with.  You can find it here: https://wallofsound.ca/audioreviews/amplification/6l6-vacuum-tube-review-tubes-courtesy-of-www-thetu...

I am nearly incredulous there isn't hype out there about this tube.  Simply my favorite tube.  I thought I'd pass this along as it may be much cheaper to give them a whirl then fuss with a much more expensive power cord, cable, or other tweak.  
128x128jbhiller
Hmmmm, the kt 120s sound better in my amp, I wonder if my kt77s are getting long in the tooth. The kt77s are smoother but the kt120 are more dynamic with a bigger more 3D soundstage, the kt77s sound smaller and more intimate. I still might try the 7581s if they also have dynamics.
The 120s sounded great in a Jolida 502p push-pull amp that I used them in primarily, and only swapped 'em out when they got weak....wound up using Gold Lion KT88s mostly. In the amp I now use (Dennis Had Inspire Firebottle HO 12wpc...4 tubes total in this thing) I can put pretty much any power tube in there (with a rectifier tube change when needed for "sag" avoidance or encouragement...or something) and the amp itself seems simply more revealing of tube differences. I might put the 120s back in sometime just for some tonal mischief, and because I feel bad for all of the lonely tubes that dwell in the darkness of my tube drawer.
Based on these postings, I have a quad of 7581A coming on Monday. I've been using the Gold Lion KT77 as my power tubes, they are truly outstanding and no complaints at all.....I'll post a comparison of the two tubes eventually....to me, more tone is always good if not syrup.
Maybe some artistically applied gold meanderings on the 7581As whoud make them seem more welcome around the 77s.