Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
also, so much for KEF dealer expertise......building a big speaker taller than ear height not needed.......

What if the performers were on a stage?
 @jetter yes and what if the performers were the Dead with 60’ high wall of sound ?????

i do have some bootleg cassette from that era......will check after I build a 57’ tall stand for the KEF 105.2 I have lying around here...somewhere.....

all good.....

Gee Tomic so a speaker lower then ear height with an agreesive rake angle is better than a wide dispersion true point source which may be higher than listening height based on what? 

Listening height is dependent on couch height, listener height and distance from the loudspeaker as well as the dispersion of the loudspeaker.

You miss one super valid point for $30k less money you can get an pretty darn good set of amplifiers and a preamp to boot.

A properly set up pair of Blades is pretty awesome which loudspeaker is "better" is up to personal interpretation. 

We also sell the Legay Aeris and they are a ridiculous value for $25k you get a speaker with full active bass, full room equilization, and 96db efficiency, these are an even better deal than the Kef Blades as all you now need is a set of amplifiers and a streamer, the Aeris comes with a Wavelet processor which is a pretty good dac, preamplifier and room correction processor.

Your love of Vandersteen is admirable, but they are just one good choice out of a sea of great loudspeakers, which include the brands we sell and those that we don't.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Kef Blade and Legacy Aeris dealer