Yamaha A-S3000 Vs Marantz PM-10 (new reference line)

Hello!

Anyone compared this two integrated amplifiers?

The move of Marantz into Class D makes me doubt about if the gear still delivered the warm sound signature...

Thanks to all, best regards.
128x128bluenote64
Hi @bluenote64, 

i did exactly that, I had the as3000 and the cds2100 which I both liked and indeed was thinking of upgrading to the cds3000. 

But out firstly I ended getting a very good deal on s sa-10 scad player so I decided to get the matching pm-10. 

My speakers are Dynaudio confidence 5 and my t/t is a technics sl1000mk2 with Ortonfon A90 cartridge.  Interconnects are Nordost Frey xlr and speaker cable is also Nordost Frey .  I play a wide range of music.

its a tricky one, but I would have to say the pm-10 is the better amp over the as3000. To me the sound is more detailed and more lively  or dynamic sounding , but it still warm and not clinical. Perhaps maybe not as warm as the as3000, but I think  the benefits of the detailed and lively make up for it. 

I also think the the phonostage on the pm-10 is better, certainly for my cartridge. 

Styling i I liked the retro looks and facilities of the as3000, but I also like the more modern styling of the pm-10. 

Hope that helps 

dave 

Hello sir, how are you?

Do you had the opportunity to hear the PM-10 with the Dynaudio Contour new speakers?

Thanks!
No, the dealer here for marantz doesn't do dynaudio. Sonus fabler and some others. 
I know this is irrelevant when it comes to sound, I think the Yamaha will hold it's value longer. I could be wrong, I think Marantz is seen, along with brands like Pioneer, Denon, etc, as more of a general consumer brand. Yamaha has a strong footing in pro audio and instruments. Again, just a perception.
Since Yamaha is a huge company with deep pockets and Marantz is just a  marketing name that’s been through many hands that makes sense .