Machina Dynamica New Dark Matter CD and Blu Ray tray treatment?

This is a set of adhesive-backed thin plastic pieces that one attaches to one’s transport or player disc tray. The disk rests on them during non-spin mode, but presumably don’t touch the applied thin pieces during playback mode. The company says the new Dark Matter pieces reduces background scattered light from reaching the photodetector, thereby improving performance. 

Anyone tried this product? Please specify transport or player if you have and your impressions. 
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xcelander
A quantum well is a potential well with only discrete energy values. The classic model used to demonstrate a quantum well is to confine particles, which were originally free to move in three dimensions, to two dimensions, by forcing them to occupy a planar region. The effects of quantum confinement take place when the quantum well thickness becomes comparable to the de Broglie wavelength of the carriers (generally electrons and holes), leading to energy levels called "energy subbands", i.e., the carriers can only have discrete energy values.

The CD laser is an example of a Quantum well, for which particles are confined in two dimensions. The laser beam is emitted from the open, unconfined dimension when the Quantum well is excited by electrical stimulation. The active ingredient in the Intelligent Chip - Quantum Dots, I.e., “Artificial Atoms,” for which particles are confined in all 3 dimensions to the (nanoscale) de Broglie wavelength. A torrent of Photons is emitted in a chain reaction when the quantum dot is stimulated by external energy such as a laser.
I’ve detected little change in SQ when the thin NDM discs are applied to the top loader surface. The top loader has nearly a 100% surface of uniform blackish grey color. Only the spindle and laser track cutout (only narrow enough to accommodate the laser assembly track) is “open” area to the inside of the transport. I’ll remove the disks after a few listening sessions to see whether the SQ changed.

I strongly suspect these NDM discs will work better at improving SQ for a front loader, as the typical CD tray has a huge cutout upon which the CD sits on the perimeter. I’d imagine all the laser light reflections, deflections and diffractions are escaping though that large cutout gap in the tray and bouncing off interior electronics boards inside the player. I’ll be testing my Oppo front loader Blu-ray player with these NDM discs next.