Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
I might be interested in the sound anchors

so I am 3 sides into Hypnotic Eye on Vinyl ( if you want to know what’s in the system look at my Vintage virtual system )

big fun, took two sides for the tube pre and power amp to smooth out..,,

nice sound overrall , at this point glad I have the MX-110 Z tone controls....

my ears are 8’6” from coaxial driver

as an aside
get yourselves a Leica Disto 2 or Bosch, makes setup so much easier,,,,

ymmv
He preferred Vandersteen saying that the Vans were more musical on more recordings more often than Thiels. But he also zeroed in on what Thiel was doing, how we were approaching our work.

On the flip side, Vandersteen's were always been criticized for being dark and slow :-).

He ended up having to defend his design saying that other speakers tend to have the tweeter running a bit too hot at 2-3db more than they should be.  
We have a dealer here in Atlanta who sold both Thiels and Vandersteen but did better with Vandersteen sales wise than with Thiel.  I ordered my 2.4's in beautiful ebony from said dealer and they were and are fantastic.  

tomic601Thank You for the initial report. What gear including cabling in in the CS 2.3 system? I look forward in reading more reports as the speakers bloom.
Happy Listening!