Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
Audiotroy,
I don't know how you make a comparison with the Legacy Sigs vs. the Vandersteen Quattro Ct and say the Legacy has a larger image and much deeper bass.
Legacy Sig.- 22hz-30k
Vandersteen Quattro Ct.- 24hz-40k
Over the years, I have owned a string of Legacy speakers and while I agree they are very good loudspeakers, your assessment is somewhat inaccurate. The small difference in the low bass (2db.)  is of little consequence. Each Vandy Quattro Ct has 11 bands of EQ. and that bass is far tighter and more accurate than the Legacy. How do I know this? As i said before, I have owned many Legacy speakers and have compared them to the Vandersteens.  The Vandy bass sounds much more like real bass instruments with less bloat and boom. Don't even get me started about the imaging. The Vandersteens  have a wider and far deeper soundstage than the legacy. Efficiency of the Vandersteen, While lower, can be powered very easily by lower powered amps to loud levels with excellent clarity. I had a choice between the Legacy Focus SE, and the Vandersteen Treo Ct's. Even though I could get a better deal with the Legacy's, I chose the Vandersteens because they simply sounded more like live music. Need I say more???
Mr M whlch model Legacy what vintage?

The current Heil Amt and new midrange driver Legacy is now using  way better than their original series which were good but not world class what Legacy builds today is a vastly improved product.

We compare the $14k Quattros to the $7k Legacys Signatures.

The larger  Focus goes to 18hz and is 96db efficient and still costs 3k less

Find a nice current pair of Legacys and see for yourself.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy Dealers

Audiotroy,
It was with the current Heil Amt. Wouldn't be fair comparison with older vintage Legacies. I know what the current AMT's sound like and I know "Legacy" type bass. I was probably versed with Legacy before you started selling them. Not my first trip to the rodeo.....
@mr_m 

It's simply, because no matter what thread Atroy gets in, he finds some way to spin how what he sells is better or a better value.

Like you, I actually do like some of the Legacy line-up, the Focus SE in particular is a good speaker, and a lot of fun as a rock and roll speaker.  Killer deals out there on them used, or barely used also.  Even new, if you talk to Legacy at a show you can usually score a nice price.

One of the things I like about Legacy - not afraid to let his speakers thump on the bottom end still.  No substitute for displacement sometimes... or I suppose powered woofers!

The Signature se is a nice speaker, but a properly set-up Quattro CT is simply going to be a lot more open, uncolored and articulate.  Even vs the Treo CT the Treo is likely better to most in the midrange and top end.  The Signature SE can probably out "thump" the Treo CT, though the Treo does a nice job.  

The Focus SE, or the Focus XD, allowing the amp to drive the low end, and tailor your top end with another amp would be a better comparison to the Quatto CT.

Room size would also be a consideration between those.  The Legacy's can move a lot of air and fill a big room quite nicely.

I really do like the Focus SE, I've almost purchased them a few times.  But given the choice I would take the Quattro CT all day long.  That said, deals on Vandersteen are hard to find, and the Quattro CT rarely shows up used.

see you in Munich with the Legacy

I suspect the Blade will be there without your help.

and you forget, Vandersteen makes a concident driver speaker, with first order slopes because it strikes me ( and others ) odd to physically align the wave launch and then @#$& it all away with a steep slope crossover that screws up phase...

there are lots of better than good choices on the market, as I said the Blade is a great choice for many people. As mentioned for competitive reasons, you struggle to use the word great for anything but what you sell.

back to the music. Dialing in a pair of Thiel’s today.....