Yamaha A-S3000 Vs Marantz PM-10 (new reference line)

Hello!

Anyone compared this two integrated amplifiers?

The move of Marantz into Class D makes me doubt about if the gear still delivered the warm sound signature...

Thanks to all, best regards.
128x128bluenote64
I know this is irrelevant when it comes to sound, I think the Yamaha will hold it's value longer. I could be wrong, I think Marantz is seen, along with brands like Pioneer, Denon, etc, as more of a general consumer brand. Yamaha has a strong footing in pro audio and instruments. Again, just a perception.
Since Yamaha is a huge company with deep pockets and Marantz is just a  marketing name that’s been through many hands that makes sense .
The hold in value is an interest aspect, I agree, the Yamaha A-S3000 transmit me a feeling, that can be a future classic device, in fact, the whole design concept (internal circuit, functions, aesthetics) is like a classic integrated from late 70’s early 80’s.

but hey.. the Marantz Reference line also holds his value pretty well, no?

Like the SC-7S1 Preamp and MA-9S1 monoblock, think they costs more now days used, maybe even the SC-11S1 preamp and SM-11S1 stereo amp are holding his values pretty well...

Agree that the PM-10 feels like a gamble on the value hold aspect, maybe because it's a Class D amp..

Gregdude

I owned the AS2000 and AS3000 long term. The AS2000 was painfully neutral. The AS3000 was voiced to sound more tube-like and was phenomenal with every speaker I paired it with. 

Just curious, the Marantz literature state the PM-10 is a "pure analog amplifier".  But those power modules sure do look like class D.  Can anyone confirm?