Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
We have a dealer here in Atlanta who sold both Thiels and Vandersteen but did better with Vandersteen sales wise than with Thiel.  I ordered my 2.4's in beautiful ebony from said dealer and they were and are fantastic.  

tomic601Thank You for the initial report. What gear including cabling in in the CS 2.3 system? I look forward in reading more reports as the speakers bloom.
Happy Listening!
pwhinsonbrings up an excellent report. As I am finding out, Atlanta, has a strong history with Thiel Audio. I receive many emails and PM away from here that states these facts.  These gentlemen still own several different models.

Happy Listening!
Tomic- Rob has all spikes and spare parts or can supply specs.
Also, if you develop such interest, your 2.3s can be readily upgraded via what we are learning with the 2.4. The 2.3 XO is much simpler with fewer critical parts. Keep us apprised of your 2.3 experience.
 @jafant System is Denon DP-35 F , Nakagoka 110 cartridge into a Croft RIAA-RS ( single chassis w NOS tubes ), into a Richard Modeferi hotrodded and restored McIntosh MX-100 Z also NOS tubes, into a Mike Samra hotrodded McIntosh MC240 ( paper in oil, modern regulation, etc, running NOS... cables a haphazard mix of Chord, Blue Jeans and Audioquest.....
CD source is McIntosh MCD205
Monday will switch our table for newly rebuilt SOTA Sapphire/Sumiko FT-3/Grado Reference-Platinum....

fun