Vandersteen 7 mark ll or big Kef blades

I am considering a pair of one  of these.  Anybody have any suggestions , comments, recommendations?
digitaljoseph
Also Mr, M, how do you know how long we have been selling Legacy? When did you get a set of Legaxys, and what vintage, also what cables and equipment were you using? Was it the same setup you are now using with your Vandys? I am willing to bet you Vandy setup is not the same as your Legacy setup was?

We are not saying that the Legacy's are perfect they are a remarkable buy for $7k for a speaker that has so many attributes: deep bass, high efficiency, beatutiful cabinetry, advanced Heil AMT midrange and tweeter, custom midrange driver, if you like warm and full bodied sound which is what we hear with both the Legacy and the Vandys then both of these speakers would be for you.

If someone prefers more detail and a more upfront presentation then the Paradigm Pesonas will be even better although they sound a bit smaller in size. 

As per bass if you use a set of Isoacoustics isolation footers under the Signturatures the bass gets tighter and more articulate,

Enjoy your Vandy's not saying they arern't good.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy dealers
I wish I could go to Munich, not just to compare the Kef vs Vandy’s, but also to finally listen to a pair of MBL’s.
Unfortunately, my gardens need my attention.
B
Audiotroy,

Lets's just say that I was involved with Legacy and it's designer when they were first building speakers in a two car garage. And followed many years after that.
Mr M that still doesn't answer our questions to is the system that you had the same and you only swapped the Legacy's for the Vandys?

Also doesn't answer the vintage we heard Legacy for years and we thought their speakers were good but not great, it is only with the recent series of products did we get on board a few years ago and have been thrilled with them. Earlier versions were not as coherent and the older drivers were not in the same league as the current Heil AMT and the new silk and graphite midrange driver.

Dave and Troy
Audio Doctor NJ Legacy Dealers
Vandersteen anti-wonky since 1977
more than 250 K sold

my God, something must be right.....

yes designing a great speaker using first order slopes is very difficult and requires drivers that do not breakup for much larger operating bands. There are of course other brilliant speaker designers. Does KEF make a stand or recommend a speaker height in the LS50 manual ?

IF you were paying attention to reading others posts vs just selling, you would know that I spend a good bit of time in a studio with a pair of ATC... I am quite aware of what they can do. But I also know the whims of fashion in that business..JBL, genelec, Yamaha, etc....run by many of the same people bringing you loads of compression and albums with 10 dB of dynamic..range
for the record studio owner prefers his Focal mounted side by side....