How important is it for you to attain a holographic image?

I’m wondering how many A’goners consider a holographic image a must for them to enjoy their systems?  Also, how many achieve this effect on a majority of recordings?
Is good soundstaging enough, or must a three dimensional image be attained in all cases.  Indeed, is it possible to always achieve it?

128x128rvpiano
@pwhinson I don’t doubt your friends JBL m2 setup sounds amazing....

many people on this site would regard that system as ‘substandard’ or ‘not worthy’ of comment, but I have a feeling it works great.

i have been playing with Crown XLS 1500 and 1502 class d amplifiers.  They are meant for sound reinforcement and/or live gigs. They have internal crossovers and can produce some serious watts!  And they are super quiet, no buzzing or humming, and no heat. You can easily afford them and the fans never come on. At one point in a bi-amp setup I was using four of them in mono and throwing a combined 6000watts at my Infinity Kappas. The Crown XLS are great on the mids and highs—tube like, holographic—but for the lows they don’t have the dampening factor to stop the absolutely insanely designed lowend of the Infinity Kappas.

Honest I think the Crown XLS 1500 amps are very nice. 

Try finding a pair of JBL 4408’s or 4406’s and use a Crown or two to drive them. You can get holography in style and on the cheap!
I obtain holographic 3-d positioning only after I clean up all my electrical grid and also my audio grid...Before that with the same gear all sound was more between the speakers than atmospherically suspended around them with clear pin point accuracy of position... I am in near listening... I obtain also tonal accuracy only after this cleaning, then cleanliness, all things being equals about choice of gear, is the foremost fundamental necessity and the most underestimated one of all factors in audio...Money dont buy perfection, experiments and thinking helps very much more...
Huh... I just plug my stuff straight into the wall of my 45 year old condo and it presents deep, wide, towering imaging. If your gear takes that much effort to get that sound out of, I'd suggest an antique Marantz front end, a diy amp, and a pair of mid-range Focals with room treatments made from whatever curtains and carpets you have laying around. 
No electrical environment is the same, and my speakers are good (Mission Cyrus 781) but one is battered and more feeble with is tweeter(50 bucks paid) I dont doubt that the focal are probably better... I make already my own room treatment with cheap materials with success but I am in nearfield listening...The more difficult to gain is not imaging but holographic cellular atmospheric soundstage around the speakers not only between and naturalness of musical timbre of instrument...Never mind what you already own and your very good sound, it is better to clean the electrical grid and the audio grid this is the road for your gear to gain  their ultimate potential ...