Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
yes Havens and Hardesty in SoCal
i met Curtis Havens in about 1988 in Tacoma where he set up shop as Advanced Audio. Curtis is an avid cold water surfer, retired. Sold Advanced to Definitive Audio of Seattle.
Advanced is a Vandersteen, ARC, Magnaplaner Ayre dealer...

a zoom 6 at $400 is hardy what i would call unlimited $$$$$

a great learning tool, Has been for me anyway...

have fun

tomic601
Thank You for the historical perspective on Havens and Hardesty.Always good to read about existing Audio shops still operational in 2019.Seattle has a few as well as Portland.

Happy Listening!
@andy2 and @tomthiel.  Its good to hear that Vandersteens are now voiced more similarly to Thiels.  People also used to say Vandersteens had a shelved midrange which helped simulate lots of "depth" and some folks believe that has NOT changed.  What is still an issue for me is how the pricing of the product has really climbed to rather crazy levels, with the 5a at the time it was discontinued, at $30K....it sure didn't start out at $30K.  And the Quattro is $15K.