Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
The Miniwatt works very well. One's room size and volume preference will largely determine whether this amp will work for you or not, with these speakers. I don't listen loud, so the Miniwatt delivers what I need. That said, I am now curious how the speakers will perform with a few more watts behind them.

I am going in the other direction as you and am looking into trying some SS amps on these speakers.
As a Zu owner (Definition II), I concur with Gopher and 213Cobra regarding 845 amps. Owning Zu speakers without hearing them through an 845, you are really missing half of the equation to fantastic sound. I've owned a lot of different topology amps with the Zu's and the 845 is the key that unlocks the magic!!
David
Recommending any amplifier (or other gear), strictly based on tube kind used in that design is very brave.
Probably so--we'll qualify that with:

Decent 845 tubes;
competent design; and
reasonably good output transformers...

On a related note: Yes, I have heard similar things said about Zu speakers with 300B. Hell, 2a3 and 45 as well for the matter. I guess the common denominator is SET amplification. That said its hard to make these suckers sound 'bad'.

Still... I kinda wish I had my Fi 2a3 monos still, just to hear them on more sensitive, higher ohm speakers than the Abbys they drove.