Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Recommending any amplifier (or other gear), strictly based on tube kind used in that design is very brave.
Probably so--we'll qualify that with:

Decent 845 tubes;
competent design; and
reasonably good output transformers...

On a related note: Yes, I have heard similar things said about Zu speakers with 300B. Hell, 2a3 and 45 as well for the matter. I guess the common denominator is SET amplification. That said its hard to make these suckers sound 'bad'.

Still... I kinda wish I had my Fi 2a3 monos still, just to hear them on more sensitive, higher ohm speakers than the Abbys they drove.
My recommendation of an 845 based amp was not meant to be controversial or a blind recommendation based on that specific tube. Common sense is still required if you pursue this combination and you should choose carefully. My intention is to help fellow Zu owners find a matching amp without throwing away a lot of time and money blindly searching.
I have a pair of Soul Superflys on order and I really appreciate all of the posts and recommendations, set-up advice, etc., particularly Gopher and Phil whom I have exchanged a couple of emails with.

It will be interesting to see if my custom 4 1/2 wpc 421a SET amp will work for me in my smallish room, but if not, I have a lot of options based on all of the valuable information on this thread.

Thanks!

T.J.