Zu Soul Superfly

I just ordered a pair of the new Zu speakers on a whim. I was going to wait for information, but the fact that they threw in the free superfly upgrades to the first 30 people got me.

From a similar thread it sounds like some of you guys have heard the speaker despite information only being released today. I'm wondering what you can share about it?

Also, I am really hoping it works with a Firstwatt F1 amplifier. Can anyone comment as to that? I know the Druid's and Essences worked OK.
gopher
Just a clarification / expansion on the Aleph amps that Gopher / Fred has referred to. They are my amps out on loan to him. They are Aleph clones built by Tim Rawson: 70 to 80 wpc SS mono-amps that run in full Class A. Excellent amps that run very hot. The fact that he says they hold their own against these other fine amps tell you just how good they are. Some of the best SS I've ever heard.
If anyone on or near Long Island, NY is contemplating buying a pair of Cosmic Carbon Superflys, please let me know.

Seeing the Superflys offered in Walnut and realizing they might actually fit in with a furniture scheme my wife would approve of has me desirous of working out some kinda swap finishes.
Isnt that a kicker when they go and add a nice new finish like that? I just got an Ampino hooked up to my Superflys and am liking what I am hearing.
Incredible Experience!!

I finally have a pair of superfly. I have been following and commenting on this thread from the beginning- I was in line for the original deal but just didn't like the way they looked in the carbon, so I passed. Last week they had a "second" pair in latte for $1400 w/ shipping. I jumped.

Why incredible? Because many moons(more than 6) ago when I was a working musician in LA. I saw Neil Young and Crazy Horse at the Troubador in LA, a very small club. It was just before "Everybody knows this is nowhere" album was released and they played the whole album. Now the stage at the Troubador was tiny- 10' square if that. I was sitting center about 10 feet away,- you guessed it just about the distance from the superflys. So- First chord of Cinnamon Girl- Deja Vu and each cut after- deja vu all over again. I was back in LA. What the fuck?? Brilliant!

I have spent the last 5 days going thru all my guitar favorites, Rock, jazz, classical, flamenco-- hundreds of cuts. I say without reservation, the Superfly is the best transducer of guitar I have ever heard. The rest sounds pretty good too, I am hooked.

By the way, I am using an old el34 based golden tube integrated and a cheap samsung 3d dvd player. I'll report back when I hook them into my main rig.

The only thing that I can figure is that the driver size is so close to the typical guitar amp. I mean the guitar is palpably there in my room. No shit. The dynamics, the tone, are there. Wow. This hobby is major fun again.