Changed Speaker Placement NOW BOOMY

Hello,

I have a bit of a problem. We bought new furniture for the living room where the stereo is and after replacing a couch, adding a chair and moving the speakers and audio rack down about 2 feet towards the corner and the speakers which where about 3 feet off the wall before are now about 14" off the wall.

I now have this unnatural sub boom and since I am using thiel 1.6 which have very little if any sub freq I can only assume its the room.

I understand that moving stuff around can do this, but its such a big change and I really dont have much room to play with.

Are there any cheap cheap cheap ways of fixing boom bass in a room.

The room is 12' X 26' with 9' ceilings.

If you look at my system pix the stereo is sorta in the same place with minor adjustments.

Any help would be super awesome.
128x128thegoldenear
Timlub, last night I did pull them out as far as 3 1/2 feet and still there is this center image of a sloppy sounding bass. Is it possible that I would need to put some type of absorption next to where I am sitting because I even feel the inside of the new club chair vibrate?
Hi, Just in case you should check to see if one of the speakers accidentally got hooked up out of phase, just make sure that red is hooked up to red and black is hooked up to black on your speakers and on the amp end.
Also as suggested you should move the speakers around as much as possible until you find the spot that has the smoothest bass, sometimes you only need to move the speakers 6 inches or so for a different sound. Good Luck, Tish
Hi again, after reading your last post I'm wondering if your new leather chair might be the culprit? The leather is pulled tight like a drum head and will vibrate to the music and act like passive radiator sending bass notes back at your speakers and causing boom! Try removing the chair from the listening room and see what happens, if the bass gets smoother then let your wife pick out a new chair covered with cloth. Tish
Racamuti LOL funny you mentioned that woke up at 10 to 3 in the am ran down and checked that. Its good :)