Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
Mlg, a full review is in order once you receive them. Also, I would be interested in the sonic difference between the Lore's with your current cables and with the new cables. I think the gloss white will look great. I would not worry about resale value too much. I'm sure if people keep buying the lores up, they may jump a bit in price but, stay well below the Omens. My business got so busy, I had to raise prices to keep up with demand.
Mlg - I can send some pics of my Lores in Satin white if you want. Email me. Very clean look. As far as internal cable, I went with Van Den Hul C12, 12 awg internal wire, but I am sure 4TC is fine. You may want to stay with what you like to use for sc's, that is if you can stick with something. Most of us jump around.

Just to answer a few posts back: the Lore does not have a "house sound." It sounds exactly like what you feed it with. It's quite amazing in that way. If you get them and they sound warm/bright, it is due to what is upstream.

I recommend tubes all the way with these. I am using Quicksilver Mini Mites - a great match!!
Thanks for the ideas guys. I will let you know what I think of the Lores. Also, I see that Gpowered is using Quicksilver Mini Mites and Zmanastronomy is using Almarro A318B's. Any idea how the two compare and what types of music each favors? Eric likes EL34 tubes for the Lores. I currently use Manley Retro's with 2 paralell 300B's per channel which may also work well on the Lores. Thanks for any comments.
The Almarro A318B is a high current SET that produces SET mids with very strong bass. The highs are pristine.
It has 18 watts per channel.
I bought it after reading a 6Moons review that comapred it to amps costing upward of over $10,000.
I've never regreted my purchase.
It does rock, jazz, solo and everything in between.
I just bought a NAD C-565BEE cd player that has gotten some very inpressive reviews. I'm looking to upgrade from my Emotiva ERC-1. A freind brought over a Sony XA5400 cd player and we hooked it up in my system. It cold smoked the Emotiva, so naturally I had to get a better front end.
A Audiogoner posted in one of the Sony 5400 threads that he liked the NAD just as much as the Sony. And the NAD is much less, so I'm going to audition it this weekend.
The Lore speaker responded very well with the better front end.
So for now, my amp and my lores have a place in my music room for quite a while.
Thanks zmanastronomy. I may look into the Almarro if my current amp does not work well. Do you know if the Almarro allows for the use of a separate preamp into the Almarro's amplifier section? I like my current pre, a Supratek Syrah with phono. Thanks.