Zu Omen or Tekton Lore

Best floorstanders under $999 for low power SET amp?

Thanks
mstark
My brother has M-Lores with the original Peachtree Nova and likes it very well. But he streams through an unmodified Airport Express using the optical to connect to the Nova's DAC. This is also his first audio system and does not have points of comparison other than having heard my much more $$$ system with Lores in a much more acoustically suitable and treated room.
Not much going on on this thread for some time. So what's up?
I have read some good reviews on the Enzo. Curious to know if anyone has the Enzo and what they think of them or how they compare to the Lore.
Also on some other threads have read about Eric going off on some of customers. Any feedback on this?
The Zu Omen sound like hi-fi, the Tekton sound like music, closer to the real event; I always found the Omen to bright despite the amp. I finally got the Pendragon's, amazing speaker
For a time, this was one of the hottest threads on AudiogoN. Why it cooled, I don't know. For me, I was interested in purchasing the Pendragons. Maybe it was the delays some (many?) customers were experiencing in getting speakers delivered, that played a part. It did for me: I went in a completely different direction and purchased a pair of Ohm 5000s. I am very happy with these speaker, but I digress.

I still want to reconfigure completely my HT set-up and I have decided to reconsider once again Tekton, this time the Lore S - thinking at least 3 (LCR) but maybe five all around.

By all accounts, Tekton speakers are great speakers but I still don't know what to expect. Delivery seems to still be hit or miss with some waiting a few weeks to 3 months (which is, IMHO, not unreasonable at all for custom-made speakers), to many months - which is not so good.

The only way to know for sure if the wait is worth it is to hear for myself so if there is anyone within a day's driving distance of Charlotte, NC (that would include Chicago, DC, Atlanta, Orlando) who'd be willing to allow a home audition of either of the Pendragons or Lores, or the Enzo, I'd appreciate it.

BTW, some of the best reviews of Tekton speakers I have ever read can be found over at Part-time Audiophile. I've recommended his reviews before in this thread. He now has a recent review of the Pendragon S and his Maggies 3.7 mated with a number of different amps. In my estimation, it is one of the best audio reviews of any kind ever written.

You can read the review, "Magnepan and Tekton meet Pass Labs, Odyssey, Job, Merrill, Red Wine Audio, First Watt and Vitus Audio" here.
Last weekend I took my Lores to visit another audiophile, along with most of my system. We had a long day of swapping out equipment on his Gedlee Abbeys and then the Lores. We had on hand:

DB Labs Tranquility SE with recent Gold level upgrades
Lampizator Level 5 boards, Duelund caps, upgraded tubes

TRL Dude Pre
Bent Slagleformer passive pre

Atsah ncore monoblocks
TRL Samson monoblocks
Job 225 stereo amp
NC400 ncore monoblocks

It was a silly amount of equipment, but the system completely gelled with the following combination, and we both agreed we could be happy forever with this setup:

Lores
Samson amps
Dude pre
Lampizator

Now, granted my Lores have about $600 in completely rebuilt crossovers and silver internal wiring, and bypass entirely the binding posts. That said, this is absolutely silly!!! $1600 speakers with $16,500 in electronics and another couple grand in cabling!

But the reason I share is that it was the best sound either of us had heard within memory, and the more important point is that the Lores are capable of responding with whatever level of electronics you are able to throw at them.

Am I saying that they're the best speaker out there? No, and I'm actually always looking at my options for upgrading. But I've tried some significantly more expensive speakers over the past three years I've owned the Lores, and decided to stay with the Lores because of what they do right.

My friend is seriously considering the Lores after last weekend...

Thanks for resurrecting the thread, Finsup.