ProAc or Harbeths?

I wonder if anyone has listened to ProAc D38 and Harbeth HL40.1? Which is a better speaker and which one would suits more with Audio Research VT100iii? Thanks.
luna
I have got the opportunity to bring my VT100iii to test out the D38R and within minutes, I have come to the conclusion that it does not provide enough juice for that speaker. Having enough volume and sounding well controlled is two different things, the combination has good top end air but the bass and sound staging could have been much better with other matchups. The Harbeths HL5s mating with cheap Audio Space EL-34nova has much more magic in the mid-range. I don’t think modern ARC and Harbeths are good match. I am back to square one and will be selling the VT100iii!
Amp/speaker synergy is critical. I preferred the manley/SHL5 combo over the same amps with the 40.1s. The sound was very good, but never felt like the 40.1s got out of the way of the music like I thought they should. Now with increased power, using different power tubes, the 40.1s are doing there magic in my room. they are a big upgrade over the SHL5s in all areas.
I vote for the D38. I had them in my main system for the last 5 years and it is the one equipment that I have no desire to replace. I am currently using them with the AR LS26/VS60.
However, I am curious to know how does the newer D38R or Carbon 6 compares to D38.
Anyone got thoughts on the D38R given its a ribbon crossing over in a 2 way speaker..and how it compares to the D38