abbey road question

does the newly re-issued vinyl abbey road sound much better than the half speed mastered mfsl from the 80's? My mfsl copy sounds like its under water for the first few songs-thanks.
remains8
I hear ya...nothing like a worn, crappy, noise-ridden copy of AR to liven up the day...oye vey.
I have many digital copies of Abby Road and one is the MFSL and like the above post, I think it has too much bass. My guess is the latest vinyl is a digital mix to vinyl. I've listened to at well used copy from the very early 70's AR and the 1987 compact disc sounds better to me. I have a bootleg digital copy of AR called "Millennium Red Collection" and it sounds the best of all the copies I have collected.
I heard the same thick and dull sound when I compared the two pressings, and with the gain much lower on the Mofi.
Not to start a fight but, It the LP comes from digital how can it really be analog? I mean isn't a recording originally put on a master TAPE then pressed to vinyl what the big deal is about vinyl? I mean I love vinyl and have many records but once digital, always digital, right?
Whatever cuts grooves is analogue.
Digital mastering used to gain better instrument mix with very high sampling rate. No need to worry it's NOT digitized and spoiled. It's been done since early 80's and type of mastering has nothing to do with its quality. Digitally mastered ECM vinyls sound better on cheap turntable than on pricey CD player.