Paradigm S4 Quicksilver amplification

I recently inherited a pair of Quicksilver mono blocks and on the advice of a respected dealer picked up a new pair of Paradigm S4's. Unfortunately it is clear that it was poor advice as the speakers sound like they have a towel draped in front. I would like to use the Quicksilvers for sentimental reasons and am thinking of using them for the higher end in concert with a matched amp for the base drivers. Is this practical? If so, any suggestions on which amps I could pair the Quicksilvers with? Many thanks
geko
Just my opinion, but I had the Paradigm S6 v.2 and I could not stand how the mid range sounded. It was so closed in and unmusical. I then tried the Klipsch LaScala and was amazed at the huge change. Now I have the Volti Audio Vittoras. Simply amazing and ultimately satisfying. I have been told by others that their opinions of the S6 was that they were grainy. Don't blame it on the Quicksilvers, they are a wonderful company.
Thanks for the amp advice. I am happy with both the Quicksilvers and the Paradigms' - just not in combination. Your description of the mid range is exactly my experience.

I confess I didn't know about the 4/8 ohm option until your post Rrog. I did a bit more web surfing - certainly sounds well worth trying. Thanks for the advice - keen to give it a go when I get back home tonight.

Thanks guys, really appreciated.

Many thanks
Phil
The 4 ohm tap should give you more detail and tighten things up. You should be able to get reasonable sound quality with the Paradigm speakers. I am not familiar with your preamp and how well it mates with your amplifiers. If you are still not satisfied with the sound after making some adjustments I recommend finding a used Quicksilver preamp.