Paradigm S4 Quicksilver amplification

I recently inherited a pair of Quicksilver mono blocks and on the advice of a respected dealer picked up a new pair of Paradigm S4's. Unfortunately it is clear that it was poor advice as the speakers sound like they have a towel draped in front. I would like to use the Quicksilvers for sentimental reasons and am thinking of using them for the higher end in concert with a matched amp for the base drivers. Is this practical? If so, any suggestions on which amps I could pair the Quicksilvers with? Many thanks
geko
I can not comment on your exact set up. But I have had quicksilvers for the past 8 years and Paradyms in the past. The quicksilvers are nothing but smooth and detailed. They are a grate amp. The Paradygm are also a good speaker but not my favorite I never had your model but the ones I had where bright not very accurate. As stated above make sure you are using the 4 ohm tap if that is what your speakers are. What cables are you running? SOmething is a muck and I think what is happening is you are getting into the level of equipnment that is letting you hear it. Or you are just use to a different sound.
Broke a few speed limits getting home to try the 4ohm tap - a huge difference and a big relief. The midrange in particular is much improved. Many thanks for the advice Rrog. However I have to go along with your comments Programmergeek; the speakers are still not as "bright" as I was hoping and as bright as I heard them in the demo lab (sounded great). Something still not quite right but a whole lot better now I have swapped to 4 ohm.
Cheers guys
Geko
Your Quicksilver 8417 amps are about 24 years old not 15
The advise Frog offered with the Quicksilve pre amp is a good one
Quicksilver pre inverts
cheers johnnyr
Thanks johnny, sounds like I should start a serach for a 20 yr old pre-amp!
(-:
Cheers