Anyone have experience with the Nanotec Nespa?

I'd be interested in your experience, including whether you have compared it with the Reality Check, used it in conjunction with the R Check, with fluids, etc. Thanks

for those not familiar: http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/nanotech/nespa.html
jfz
Tbg, Have you had a chance to compare the Nespa and RC treatments? The cleaning fluid is another variable here. It would be interesting to compare "copying" with "zapping by light". So, to do an objective comparison, perhaps you can clean the CD and all CDRs with the same fluid and then compare as many of the following as your patience will allow: plain CD, Nespa, RC, Nespa followed by RC, RC followed by Nespa. I found Leec's comparisons very interesting, but I don't recall if he removed the cleaning fluid out of the equation by cleaning all discs first.
Puremusic, I do plan such comparisons, but there is also the CoolCopy duplicator. My life is also complicated by the fact that I just got an Esoteric X-01 limited ed.

Leec, if I recall correctly, never tried Nespa treating the original before duplicating.

Last evening I treated one sacd, which of course cannot be duplicated. I was shocked at the improvement. Once again I could listen to sacds. I should again point out that since I have a new player, I need to do a before and after test, which I did not do.
To answer some questions and concerns Norm. The way I did things in the past was to clean both the original CD and the Black CDR FIRST. Then I would Nespa the original CD. Now I'd make the copy (either with my previous RC machine but now with the improved Cool Copy unit) then after the dup was done I would Nespa the dup'ed copy. I've tried Nespa'ing the Black CDR before coping first but heard no differences, only hear great improvements AFTER the disc has been copied.
As for the settings, I've found the 30 or 60 selection just fine, the 120 I don't hear any further improvements. Japan tells me you cannot ruin a CD if you Nespa one 100 times, it's just a waste of time and energy.
Hope this helps.
Steve
Okay, Puremusic, I have done some comparisons that might interest you.

I used a cd by Nnenna Freelon called Live. She has a great voice and the backup is very driving. Also being live there is a clear sense of space. I had already made a RealityCheck cd-r using ClearDisc and ClearBit, the original fluids. I listened to the original which had been cleaned with these same fluids. I then Nespaed the original and listened to it. Then the RC cd-r, and finally that cd-r Nespaed.

The original is quite clean and pleasant. I arbitrarily will assign it a 1. I treated the original at the 60 setting, where 30, 60, and 120 are the choices. It was strikingly better, with more detail, sense of space, and improved dynamic. I would assign it a 1.5. I struggled with these numbers and do not really mean to imply that it was 50% better.
Next I listened to the old RC copy. Sometime I will make a Cool Copy cd-r as I have one now. Thus far I prefer the RealityCheck copies slightly.

The RealityCheck copy would get a 2 on my scale. It was strikingly more detailed than the Nespaed original and had greatly more detail and sparkle. It all so had the drive that I have always found with the RC process, if you stick with the original fluids. The bass was far superior than just Nespaing the original, and this disc has driving bass. There was a greater sense of soundstage depth.

Then the ultimate. I double treated the RC cd-r on the Nespa. The first was a run at 60 and then another at 120. My jaw dropped on hearing this. I was there. Her voice was so distinct and real. The soundstage was quite realistic with incredible detail and realism. I could hear those sitting near where she was singing. I would rate this as a 5, clearly greater than its parts.

My understanding of how the Nespa works would suggest it could be of no benefit to cd-rs as they have no metal layer, but it clearly works better on cd-rs. This is troublesome to me as I have been impressed with what the Nespa does for sacds, which of course, cannot be copied.

Tonight I will make another copy using the RealityCheck of the now Nespaed original. I will probably listen to it first and then Nespa the new copy. Again I am inclined to expect no improvement, but given my prior experience, I will not be at all surprised if further Nespaing adds further.

I know better than to generalize from a single disc, but that is the best I can do for now.
Norm (Tbg),

WOW, a score of 5 as compared to 1, 1.5 or 2. That is attention getting.Thanks for the info. Great work! The one thing that is consistent in your experiment as well as Leec's and Sksos' experiments is that Nespaing an RC cd-r is beneficial. Leec's results suggest that Nespaing a cd-r before duplication is detrimental. While Sksos Nespad the original CD before duplicating it, he did not give us a comparison between an RC copy of a Nespad CD and a Nespad RC copy of a Nespad CD. Your tonight's experiment should provide this missing piece. Please let us know your outcome.

Best Regards,
John