Anyone listen to Zu Audio's Definition Mk3?

Comparisons with the 1.5s and the others that came before? Getting the itch; again......
128x128warrenh
The gloss black is very easy to maintain. After almost 6 months, no issues. But I live alone - no kids or pets - and am careful with my things.
>>I got a bit of this when I heard the otherwise very nice Soul Superfly, and when I was seriously considering the Omen Def, Sean (who is very helpful), said he could address it with a modestly priced cap upgrade.<<

There is a Zu tour stop in L.A. tomorrow evening. I had an exchange with Sean today regarding that and asked him about whether a simple cap change or cap + wiring change would suffice to address concerns of a Def3 buyer sensitive to high frequency aggression on mediocre recordings. He said he thinks it is best to do with with the capacitor change in the high pass filter, alone and that it would also fully address the problem. If the speaker ever changes hands or system components alter the nature of the problem, it's easy to revert to spec on the cap, and the full transparency of the Event internal cabling is preserved.

Phil
Thanks Phil,
Tell Sean Hi and thanks and I will discuss with him the cap changes on the mk III. Btw I am debating between the gloss black and the Ferrari red gloss. Any thoughts?
My Druids are Ferrari red gloss, and so were my Def2s. Strong. It fits my home's scheme. My Def1.5s were Maserati Blue Nettuno, and my new Def4 are a Cadillac metallic blue. Nice counterpoint to the red system. I'll say this:

One of my cars is black. No more black cars. They look great clean, but they're perfectly clean for about 37 minutes after washing. Zu speakers in gloss black look splendid but show every fingerprint, dust spec & clearcoat scratch, just like a black car. And personally, I think Defs are too big to be a pure black object domestically.

Gloss red shows very little routine dust & prints. All colors are equally easy to clean & polish with automotive products. If red is too vivid, I think deep metallic blues look less severe than black and the color is more forgiving between cleanings. Alternately, a friend here in LA had a pair of Defs in a BMW metallic charcoal, and that was also elegant & forgiving compared to black.

But if black is your thing, consider choosing a black with light metalflake. It makes a black paint less glaring of faults.

Phil
Looking at True Matte Black, Cosmic Carbon, and Charcoal as alternatives to Gloss Black. For my decor (and mental state of my girlfriend), variations like Ferrari Red Gloss are out. My Def2s are Nextel Grey which has been functional but a little dull, so my dilemma is whether to go for a paler, possible metallic grey like Cosmic Carbon, darker Charcoal, or push for total black, Matte or Gloss.
Anyone with experience of these color schemes please help. Swatch samples from Zu are on their way to me.